Chapter Twenty-Four

Ladybug swung her yo-yo latching onto the other side of the Louvre.

"You ready?" She asked her feline partner.

Pulling out his baton, he gave his lady a nod.

"As I'll ever be."

The two heroes sprung into action each landing on an opposite side of their opponents. As Chat Noir landed he dropped and rolled to the right avoiding a strike from his auntie. She seemed to be able to fire the blazes willingly and for the first time since he became Chat Noir, Adrien was actually feeling scared.

As much as they understood, their suits were pretty indestructible, however it wasn't something either hero was willing to try out.

"Chat, you head for the sceptre. I'll hold of Amelie."

Chat nodded his understanding to Ladybug before running towards the entrance to the Louvre. Sprinting on all fours helped him to increase his speed to an almost humane level. As he dodged the strikes from Set and Amelie he finally found himself jumping over the railings in the Louvre and begin his search for the hidden article.

~~~~~~~~~

Ladybug could see Set heading towards her kitty, meaning she only had to keep Amelie at bay whilst Chat was doing the hard work within the building. Amelie once again produced an all encompassing white glow around her. As Ladybug moved forward she began to preempt what was about to happen. Amelie's hand raised as though Ladybug was her target, however as the light shot out Ladybug managed to fly over the strike and land on the opposite side.

Amelie wasn't quick enough to change her own position as Ladybug wrapped her yo-yo tightly around the woman's body.

"I am Redemption, and I will make you and that stray pay for the problems you've caused in Paris." Amelie spoke in a low, deep voice sounding even more possessed than she looked.

Ladybug looked her over, from her head to her toes looking for where an akuma could be hiding. She had no doubt this was an akumanisation. The look and the attack of Amelie was nothing like any of the Egyptian Gods Hugo had told them about. There was no way she was the same as Set.

Without warning Amelie yanked her arms away from her body loosening Ladybug's grip around her. Trying to maintain her advantage, Ladybug released her wings and hovered above the floor, retracting her yoyo and hopefully getting some high up advantage over Amelie.

~~~~~~~~~

Chat Noir, meanwhile, was heading towards the Egyptian display. The Louvre was now silent. A guess was it had been emergency evacuated to the akuma shelters underneath the main floors of the building. Luckily, his cat like senses helped keep his noise to a minimum. As he snuck his way into the exhibit an immense sound echoed through the corridors. Chat quickly hid behind a statue as the sound of a heavy footfall surrounded him.

"I know you're in here Cat! You may think you're a God to all Egyptians, but you are nothing to me. I am the only God." As Set advanced on the exhibition a scream was heard outside. Chat's first instinct kicked in and terrified him. That couldn't be his lady. Could it? He began to edge his hand towards the baton resting on his lower back. If he could reach that then hopefully he'll be able to contact Ladybug and check she's alright. He was quite sure with the last upgrades he could access her yoyo without her having to answer a call.

His hand slowly stretched and bent around to his middle back before sliding its way downwards. Down to where he knew his weapon was situated and positioned. For seven years he'd stretched this same way. For seven years he'd grabbed the baton from the same position on his back. For seven years he had no issues with moving swiftly with great agility. But today this all ended. The fear of his lady being hurt made he move more swift than he usually would. Today was the day his bad luck finally caught up on him. As his hand met the metal material, it slipped. Chat couldn't believe he'd messed up. In seven years he'd never felt so helpless.