Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Monkey ... hit it again!" Ladybug was running out of ideas and from the beeping on her Miraculous she was also running out of time. Queen Bee was down and Rena Rouge was running out of energy too.

As King Monkey sent his next jubilation out again, this time changing each of the rays from Set's staff into a party streamer. Ladybug moved in quickly ready to attack. This time she got a hit in and took him down. Grabbing hold of his staff she managed to use her lucky charm and destroy the sceptre. Crossing her fingers she sent the charm into the air and hoped it would heal everything except the sceptre. As the Ladybugs swirled around in a flourish of red and white, Queen Bee stood again and what had been damaged had been returned to its normal form, including the sceptre.

"Damn it!" Ladybug screamed as she ran back in preparation for Set's next advancement.

"Argggghhhh", a loud scream was heard from down the hall way causing the Egyptian God to turn his attention. Once his back was turned Ladybug, King Monkey, Queen Bee and Rena, made their way out the building and into the covering where they began their battle.

The screaming continued as the heroes looked from one another, hoping and praying the guys were alright. Ladybug could feel her heart beating uncontrollably in her chest. This was their only hope to get Adrien and Emilie out. This was their only hope to win.

"They'll be alright, I know they will." Kim walked over to where the girls were huddled and an air of thick fear was surrounding the worried, beaten faces of those who were previously prom queens.

"I hope so. I've only just got Luka back. I can't lose him again." Ladybug walked over to Queen Bee and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"We can't lose hope Chloe. They're a good team, and once Adrien get's Plagg back ... well they need to watch out."

Queen Bee nodded at her friends words. If anything was certain it was that Chat Noir was amazing at his job. The years of hard work and practise made both Chat and Ladybug a power to be reckoned with, but that was when they were together. When their love was pulsating between them, they were boarder line unstoppable. But without the Miraculous Adrien was still just an ordinary mortal. The others weren't trained enough to take it on. They weren't strong enough.

As they stood again deciding on what their next line of defence would be, a swirling cyclone appeared in the centre of the group. The colour faded and the once green grass changed into a stone based room. The room was suddenly crowded with shadows and each hero prepared to defend.

"Have you missed me, Bugaboo?" Ladybug dropped her stance running full speed to the voice which had just greeted her.

Leaping into his arms, she wrapped her legs around his waist and arms around his neck as he span her around. Burrowing her head into his neck, she took in his strong masculine smell and Camembert. A smell she had come to love.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean anything I said. I love you so much." Tears streaked down her face as her squeezed her small body into his with all his own, enjoying the feel of every inch of her against him.

"Don't! You were right to be mad and I shouldn't have taken it to heart so much. I love you and I never meant to make you worry."

They looked at each other smiling before taking their soul mates breathe away with a power improving kiss. Ladybug locked her lips to Chat's with the promise of never letting go. They would have stayed like that for hours, days, weeks ... but they were interrupted by a cough.

Ladybug slowly lowered her feet back to the floor, pulling her lips away from Adrien.

"We've brought you a gift." Viperion threw a brunette towards Ladybug. The girl tripped and fell onto her knees at Ladybugs feet.