Chapter Twenty

Calling her Miraculous Ladybug, everything reverted back to normal and the heroes all met back in the classroom. As each called off their transformations suits and stunning dresses reappeared around the room.

"Alya, thank you." Marinette walked over to her best friend and wrapped her arms around her, pulling Alya into a tight hug. Nino and Adrien stood back allowing the girls time to reevaluate their relationship. So much had happened since Marinette's accident.

"I'm so sorry Marinette, and you Adrien." Her brown eyes met his green and he could see they were full of remorse.

"Lila's easy to believe Alya. She manipulative, we're just glad to have you back." Adrien wouldn't hold this against her, he'd never hold anything against anyone. It was not in his character. Surprisingly that went as far as to his fathers psychotic tendencies. Thinking about his father reminded him that he would need to go and speak to his mother at some point.

Alya stepped backwards out of Marinette's arms and grabbed a tissue out of her bag wiping under her eyes fiercely. She then made her way to Nino. This guy was more than she had ever deserved, he'd been there when it seemed like no one else had and he refused to go.

"Why did you put up with me?" She asked.

"Why wouldn't I?" He replied, smiling and taking her into his arms.

Marinette felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. One Miraculous was back on the side of good, now they just needed to find the butterfly miraculous and Nathalie. Then discover how they could defeat the Egyptian Gods causing havoc around Paris. She was beginning to think Chat was right, a vacation after this would be greatly appreciated.

"Listen I don't want to break up this love fest but you all need to get back downstairs." Plagg appeared next to Adrien displaying his usual grumpy face. Marinette walked towards him and grabbed him, placing him gently in her bag next to Tikki.

"We'll get you some cheese, calm down Plagg." Marinette gave him a quick stroke on the head and closed the clip on her pink sparkly bag. As she looked up she saw Adrien smiling at her.

"Can we have a moment alone please?" He didn't take his eyes from Marinette as the others began to leave the room. As Nino made his way past Adrien he patted him on the shoulder and gave him a wink.

Once the door was closed he stepped forward and took Marinette into a tight hold. Placing his head on her shoulder he breathed in the life radiating from her body. He had hated seeing the illusion of her being the aim of the attack. It petrified him that he was going to lose her again. He needed to hold onto her.

"I'm fine Chaton, I'm here and I don't plan on going anywhere."

"Stop reading my mind." He smiled at her before letting out a deep sigh.

"That doesn't stop me from worrying. I think we need a bigger team Mari. We need to get everyone back together, it'll take some of the pressure off us because I am being deadly serious when I said we're going on vacation. We've never been further than London together as a couple and that was for work. Tell me where you want to go and I promise I'll give you the best week or two of your life."

"Will you now?" Marinette wiggled her eyebrows up and down at Adrien.

"Don't be so dirty minded, Ms. Dupain-Cheng." He placed his hands on her hips and pulled her in closer. "I love you more than anything."

"More than croissants?" She whispered moving in towards his lips.

"Way more than croissants." He stated matching her move for move. Their lips were almost touching as she spoke one last time.