Chapter Ten

Marinette couldn't settle at home so decided to make her way into the office. Luka had the day off and was spending a long weekend with Chloe. She was happy they were trying to sort out their relationship. Now she just needed to sort out hers.

Everything just seemed to be getting more bizarre by the day. All this with Lila was at forefront of her mind. She didn't believe that she was carrying Adrien's baby. There was something with led her to believe Lila was a colossal liar and, even more, why was she suddenly friends with Alya? How did they even meet?

Her parents, Nino, Tikki, Wayzz, Chat and evening Luka were trying to get her to talk to Adrien, but Ayla was adamant she shouldn't to the point of extreme behaviour. She's deleted Adrien's number out of Marinette's phone, disconnected them on any social media and blocked him from being able to text her. She also threatened to end her friendship with Marinette if she didn't comply with the rules set.

She walked into her office and sat at her desk looking at her evening gown designs. She was extremely proud of this collection. She seemed to have a natural talent for extravagant wear, and everything she had created became a big seller. Her dress from Adrien's birthday event was still on back order in most of their stores.

She flicked through each design and spotted her personal favourite. It was in the style of a babydoll dress; pink, sparkly and edged in lace. Smiling to herself she came up with an idea, she was going to create this one for herself. Taking the design with her, she headed towards Emilie's office.

"Come in." Marinette pushed open the door to see Emilie surrounded by fabric samples. Fragments on her desk and rolls standing erect behind her.

"Marinette? What you doing here? You've got the day off." Emilie looked up at the bluenette shocked. Marinette shouldn't be here, no ones here to protect her and she was quite sure both Luka and Kim were out of town so she couldn't call them.

"I got bored at home so thought I'd come in and work on the Spring line." Marinette explained looking through the fabrics on the main desk. She picked up a lemon colour and handed it to Emilie.

Emilie nodded and pinned it to the design she was working on.

"I was wondering if I can have permission to create something to wear myself?" Marinette continued looking at the samples.

"Marinette, darling you've got to stop this. You don't need to ask. The dresses you wear sell the most out of any of our designs, including Adrien's." Marinette smirked, that was true. Marinette being a natural, real-life paparazzi model was becoming such a high selling point for the 'Agreste' brand. Even more when her and Adrien wore anything slightly matching, the zero's just kept rolling in.

"I just don't like you to think I'm abusing my position." Emilie walked round to Marinette and pulled her into her arms.

"We'd never think that of you. So what's the occasion?" Emilie released the hug and looked at the materials Marinette had in her hand. She took them around the table and pinned them onto another design.

"It's the school mergers, reunion party. I'm still not sure if I'm going but I want to make sure I look good if I do." She smiled at the older designer in front of her.

"Makes perfect sense. Perhaps you could make Adrien a matching tie or something if you have chance?" Emilie was desperate for the two to get back together. Marinette couldn't help but smile.

"Of course." Turning around and walking out the door she made her way back to her office. Knowing Adrien would be at the event made her smile. If only she could sneak out and see him without Alya knowing.

Once Marinette had shut her office door Emilie grabbed her phone to text Adrien. It was about time she came clean with him, Chat Noir needed to be here to make sure Marinette was protected.