v. phone call

"Hello?" Her word was quiet, she didn't understand who was phoning her and didn't want to give away too much information

          "Hello?" Her word was quiet, she didn't understand who was phoning her and didn't want to give away too much information. Though, when no answer came to her ear, Bailey become impatient immediately. "Who's this then?" Questioned Bailey, wanting an answer from the person don't the phone.

Bailey went to remove the phone from her ear, ready to hang up, "Bailey." The woman spoke down the phone. Bailey felt her heart drop into her stomach, her breathing hitched and her eyes began to swell with water. It couldn't be. "Fuck off!" Exclaimed Bailey, she didn't want to be dealing with her mum; not today, not ever again.

"No, Poppy, please don't!" The desperation in her mum's face ached her soul, the nickname dissolved in her brain like sweets do on the tongue. Bailey didn't know what to say, she promised herself to end her relationship with her mum — she was toxic waste. It wasn't good for her. "I-I need something from y-you," Bailey nodded her head as she stuttering from her mum's words meant something, she was either high or struggling.

"I've been travelling a whole. I-I'm near Bristol—" Bailey laughed into the phone, though it wasn't an genuine one, it was a tormenting one. Her mum was tormenting her, her own mother. Bailey's mum didn't want anything but money when she 'visited.' Her finger pressed down onto the end button, tears fell softly from her eyes.

Sniffling, Bailey wiped her tears clean before noticing the smudged eyeliner on her fingertip. She quickly turned away once realising Freddie and Cook had left the pub, now facing the girl's back. "What is it?" Bailey asked, wanting so badly to leave already.

"We're going to a little. . . party," Announced Cook, his hand holding onto her bare waist as he turned her to face the two of them. She knew her make-up was smudged, and that a sad expression was marking her face. "You okay?" Freddie asked when noticing Bailey's demeanour and face, Bailey nodded before wiping her eyes again.

"I'm good, yeah," Bailey offered a smile but Freddie didn't take it, he just looked worried. However, Cook didn't seem to notice in the slightest as he landed a quick kiss to Bailey's forehead, "You look like you've just gave someone a blowjob."

Perfect. Bailey chuckled slightly at his statement, the three of them soon laughing after because they realised his words cheered Bailey up. "I'll get the others," Cook said before going back inside the pub.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Freddie asked, glancing into her eyes. Bailey nodded her head before clearing her blocked throat, "I'm fine. I don't want to talk about it." Freddie soaked in her words and allowed himself not to talk further on the situation as the others began to crowd the outside of the pub before they walked their way towards this other party.

"Not coming in," The guard said to everyone as they arrived to the entrance. Cook rolled his eyes, "Why not?" Questioned Cook. "Private party, plus understand, plus don't like the look of you. Not coming in," The guard repeated with his reasons, one in particular making Bailey laugh under her breath.

"Listen to me, robot. You may rank way above me in terms of strength and size, but, at least I can love. Now, can you let me in?" Cook asked, as if his words did any sort of persuasion against the guard. Cook tried to squeeze by but the guard hadn't let him, "Not coming in!" He was getting impatient, as was the others that were standing stupidly waiting.

"Listen. Fate has brought me here, do you understand? You're not letting fate in the club, it's not like fate is wearing trainers or anything. Fate just wants a couple of drinks, a little dance and fate is actually also desperate for the toilet. Now can we come in?" Cook listed as he danced around, announcing he needed a piss. If it was Bailey, she would've flashed a little cleavage and boom; straight in.

"How about you fuck off?" The guard spoke.

"How about your a fucking cock, I'll fucking break your fucking face, mate," Cook told him; getting agitated and furious with the guard. Bailey knew this wasn't good. "What?" The guard asked — shit.

Bailey took a step back, allowing herself to fall into Freddie's side as she looked up at him. He offered her a smile, one in which she returned before glancing back at the situation in front of them. "I said — I'll break your fucking face," Cook tried to tell him before Freddie left Bailey's side with a small stroke of her arm and dragging Cook away from the guard.

"Don't think he'll let us in," Naomi stated the obvious. Bailey rolled her eyes with a scoff before turning around to Naomi, "You don't say." Cook shook his head before glancing over at Naomi also, "Nah, he's just an obstacle. We're meant to go to this party—"

"Are you okay?" Emily asked after tapping Bailey on the shoulder. Bailey looked at Emily and smiled, "I'm fine. Are you good?" Emily nodded her head in reply before running her own fingers under her eyes in repetition of Bailey's make-up. "Your eyeliner is smudged, and your mascara has ran. It looks like you've been crying," Emily said as she looked up at Bailey.

Bailey cleared her throat. "Fuck," She already knew, Freddie and Cook had made it obvious.

"It's not that bad. Just looks funny," Emily stated, Bailey already knowing what she meant. Why is everyone so sexual? Bailey chuckled before nodding her head and trying to clean the smudges under her eyes.

"Freddie, what the fuck are you doing here?" A woman asked, Bailey turned around to see two girls walking up to them — one insanely pretty. "Hi, Karen," Freddie replied, they looked similar; siblings? Bailey guessed.

Cook clicked his fingers, walking up to the two girls that questioned them. "Well, you can't come in, it's private," Karen told them all. Freddie shook his head before looking down at the floor, "Don't be like that, sis. It's Cook's birthday." Yet, Karen didn't take any shit.

"Unless you've got drugs, fuck off, and rake your friends with you," Karen replied. Little did she know — Cook began to inch closer towards Karen before laughing. "Oh, come on, Karen. I'll make it up to you, I promise," Cook said. How hard was it to show a little glance of your drugs and get on with it? Or didn't he have any.

"Yeah. . . Look, it's not my decision. It's her party," Karen motioned towards the blonde bedsides her. "I'm getting married," The blonde-haired girl stuck out her ring finger that happened to have a pretty, large engagement ring stuck on it. "Congratulations," Cook told her before allowing his lips to move onto hers. Kissing an engaged women — smart one.

"Will you let us in?" Cook asked the engaged one. This was her engagement party, and Cook just kissed her. That man is so fucked. "Well, there is a pretty strict dress code," The blonde woman said with a smirk contending on her lips. "How strict, exactly?" Cook asked with a bag of drugs between his fingertips, waving it around for the couple to see.

And he didn't do that from the beginning because? Freddie chuckled before grazing his hand down Bailey's back, resting it comfortably on her waist before the two walked in to the party together.