xxvi. explanation

Feeling a tug on her gown, Bailey looked down to see the same little boy as yesterday

         Feeling a tug on her gown, Bailey looked down to see the same little boy as yesterday. She couldn't how much he looked like their dad, same charming smile. Her eyes were heavy as she was tired from the doctors assessing her frequently, but she noticed Liam was holding a bag of McDonald's, she soon changed.

"Any better?" Joe ( dad ) asked as he handed the food towards Bailey, she took it graciously before opening it to reveal her favourite from when she was a child. He remembered. "Slight headache, not much bruising weirdly enough," Bailey stated as she touched where the subtle bruise on her forehead.

Handing a chicken nugget to Liam, who know placed himself on the bed, Bailey looked up at her dad before eating a chicken nugget herself. "Explain, please," Asked Bailey, referencing as to why Joe, and his son Liam where at the hospital with Bailey.

It's not like she minded. Having her dad by her side was something Bailey had wanted for the longest time, it something she had dreamed about for a while. "The doctors called Charlie; no answer, no surprise. And, my number is still listed as your emergency, so they called me," Joe answered simply before stealing a chicken nugget also.

Bailey gasped as she watched him do so, "Dad! I'm hungry." Joe only laughed before eating the chicken nugget, Bailey truly felt childish with him. And that's because she never got to be a child with him, she had to be mature and handle her parents' situation herself.

"And who's this little one?" Bailey asked, eating some of her chips now. "This is Liam, your half brother," Dad replied.

"I want to take you home, Bailey. I want you to live with me, Liam and Becca. You need proper care," Joe abruptly said as he placed himself down on the chair besides the bed. Bailey chocked on her chips before coughing to relief the pressure of the chips, "What? No, Dad, I'm fine!"

"Really? Because the doctors said you were already dehydrated when you arrived to the hospital. That doesn't seem like you've had proper care," Joe said, he didn't mean to sound so pretentious — the thing is, he did. Bailey smiled, she was dehydrated because she had some alcohol before she was admitted in the hospital.

"It's probably because I was left out in the fucking cold all night, because I was hit with a rock. I'm fine, Dad. I've come this far, correct?" Bailey said, reaching her hands to her face when realising she had swore. Liam giggled slightly after she did, but Joe pushed it off because she was mature enough to do so.

"If you say so. But, please, Bailey, if you need anything — and I mean anything — you'll contact me, or Becca, she's a lovely woman. Oh, and by the way, Freddie — amazing guy," Joe explained as he stole some of her chips as well. Bailey covering her face in embarrassment from his last bit of the sentence.