xxiii. truth

Ducking down, Bailey watched the scene unfold in front of her

         Ducking down, Bailey watched the scene unfold in front of her. Freddie jumped up once the person who had began to scare them fell down to the floor, Freddie revealing exactly who it was to be. . . Cook. Bailey sighed, standing up from her place on the ground before looking down at him.

"What the fuck! What do you think you're playing at you fucking idiot. You nearly had—" Bailey cut the words from her ears, looking down at Cook and his chuckling body. His little 'joke' had scared them all, to death, and he is sitting there; laughing.

"Jesus, you fucking prick!" Freddie exclaimed as he stood from Cook's body that laid on the floor, running his hands threw his hair from the stress. "I should fucking kill you," Freddie warned Cook, Bailey biting her lips at the words before rolling her eyes. "Scared the shit out of us, you stupid prick," Naomi badgered at him, Bailey nodded her head in agreement.

"Seriously, Cook, shitty move," Bailey replied with everyone.

"It wasn't me — there were psychos in the woods with a gun! I saw them nick your stuff, so they started shooting. They're fucking mental," Cook explained. And his reasoning didn't seem logical in the slightest, so nobody believed anything that fell from his lips. "Shut up, jokes over," Told Katie, Bailey running her hands up and down her arms as she felt the cold breeze flow over her body.

"Bloody scared us, you stupid fucking tosser," Emily replied before Cook's laugh could be heard. "All right, calm down, I took your sodding knapsacks, children. They're just poachers, you daft wankers," Cook explained, Bailey rolled her eyes; once again. She didn't care what the 'weapon' was. It still scared them all.

"Poachers?" Someone asked.

"After rabbits and shit, not you. I was trying to freak you out," Cook said — his explanation not making any feel better, or safer, about the whole situation. Bailey cleared her throat, "And why would you wanna do that? Oh, because you're a total fucking wanker." Cook looked up at Bailey, hurt washed in the emotions of her eyes.

"'Cause, I thought it would be funny, and it totally was! Ooh, turn off the lights. Ooh, we're going to die'," Cook mocked the teenagers as they all stared at him in disbelief, his laugh being the only thing filling the silence of them all. He began to stand up, however, Katie had other thoughts as she knocked him back down to the floor. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Katie asked.

"You know me, I smell a shindig, I'm here—" Cook was interrupted by Katie, "Yeah, well, you weren't invited. So, fuck off." Bailey would be lying if she said she didn't feel a slight tinge of sympathy for Cook, it was almost like he had lost his friends over night. "Aw, but we're having such a good time. Your tits look fucking mint from this angle, by the way, Kit Kat," Cook complimented the red-haired girl.

Bailey sighed before seeing Freddie grab him harshly, bringing the blue-eyed boy directly to his face. "What the fuck is your problem?" Freddie asked, getting angrier by the minute as Cook tested their patience.

"Come on then, Rambo. What do you want, my fucking blood? 'Cause you've taken everything else! You've taken fucking JJ, and now you're nicking her from me as well," Cook told Freddie, their faces still inches from one another. Their heavy breathings were heard as everyone turned their heads to Effy — Bailey knew this argument wasn't about Effy. "Fuck me, I'm glad I didn't miss this," Laughed Cook.

"What's going on?" Katie questioned, just as confused as all the others. Bailey chewed on her nails, her lips, anything to settle her nerves. "Effy doesn't want me anymore. Do you?" Cook asked the brunette girl, Bailey breathed out when she realised he didn't make the argument about her.

"No," Effy replied. In all fairness, she did sleep with Cook first. "So? Why should we care? Freddie's with me now. Right, Freddie?" Katie asked, Bailey looked over at Freddie. His eyes glanced over towards Bailey. Katie repeated his name as he didn't reply and only kept his vision on Bailey.

"Right. . ." He hesitated to answer. Cook only scoffed before Bailey turned more confused than the rest of them, what was happening? She hadn't any clue. Freddie likes Effy? Freddie likes Bailey? Bailey likes Freddie? Freddie likes Effy? And it's the same cycle with Cook, and somewhere in the middle, Katie was involved.

"I'm going for a walk," Announced Katie, kissing Freddie's neck before walking away into the deep woods, all alone in the dark. Bailey watched as she did, if Katie needed to clear her head, then she was going to let her do so.

"Well, I think she took that very well, don't you?" Asked Cook, his laugh soon following from his words. Bailey only looked at him with a glare, his face soon falling when he noticed the look on Bailey's expression. "Just go! No-one wants you here, no-one likes you. Just fucking go!" Shouted JJ, moving up towards Cook and getting in his face.  

There was a long pause of silence again.

"Do what he says — fuck off," Naomi said with emphasis to make Cook listen to their begs. Bailey sighed as she grabbed a blanket that was close to her and wrapped it around her body, finding out it was JJ's when she read the tag of it. "Whatever, have nice lives, all of yous," Cook said before he began to walk away.

He stopped in his steps, turning on his heel to face them all, "You coming, Doll?" Bailey looked over at him before smiling at his offer. His hand was held out, and she shivered under the blanket.

Bailey must've took too long to answer before Cook scoffed, "No, that's right. Stay here with your fuck buddy; with your friends. Look at them — look at their little faces," Bailey turned around after hearing Cook's words, looking at all of their expressions on their faces; especially Freddie's. "You're all so whizzer chums, aren't you?" Asked Cook.

"Ain't that right, Eff? Ain't that right, Panda? Panda's been worried lately, Eff. Says you don't see each other as much as you used to. That right, Panda. I said to her 'Cupcake, maybe if you didn't spend as much time with my cock in your mouth'—" Cook began to talk before Pandora lost the rails, "Shut up, shut up! Come on, Thomas. Let's go."

Her hand held out to Thomas as she waited for him to take it. "Stop. It's fine — I know," Thomas told Pandora as she breathed heavily from her recent shouting. "Know what? Wait. It was one time, right? Your party, it was only once, right? And Bailey — you slept with him too? I need to sit down," Cried Effy before placing herself down onto the floor, not caring for the dirt beneath her.

Bailey didn't feel regret for sleeping with him, she felt regret for people finding out. She likes Cook, and he likes her. "I don't think you heard me. Me. Fucked. Your. Girlfriend. Like, multiple times," He paused between his words to offer Thomas the chance of soaking in them quicker.

"What do you want me to say?" Questioned Thomas. Cook only chuckled slightly, "I don't want you to say anything. Hit me. Come on, come on, Hit me!" Cook shouted towards Thomas.