xvi. sick

tw / mentions of mental health (anxiety)

          It was that time of the year again

It was that time of the year again. The time of year where Bailey scans her eyes over her body, and nitpicks at everything on it. Her eyes scanned herself: cringing at the bruise of her head, the freckles that dotted along her cheeks, a few spots had also grew amongst her skin. Anxiety has gotten the worse of her since the fight with her mum — she didn't enjoy it in the slightest.

She just wanted to feel comfortable in her own skin, and not feel disgusted by it. Throwing on some oversized clothing, Bailey decided it was the best on making her feel somewhat 'normal' that day. A sigh escaped her throat, exiting the caravan and becoming very wary of her surroundings.

Bailey was frightened that her mum was going to be around any corner, ready to fight Bailey again. Ready to take her money, and leave, until she needed more money to come back.

"Morning, Sugar," Freya shouted, Bailey jumped as she heard the loud voice boom towards her way. A smile condoned on her lips, "Freya!" Bailey exclaimed before hugging the women tightly within her arms, soon breaking to stroke their dog — Rolo.

"Now, you scuttle along to school, sugar. I don't want your attendance dropping more, okay?" Freya said, her little accent making Bailey smile as she felt comforted by her voice. Bailey quickly ran towards the car, making her way to school when entering it.

Bailey brought the spliff up to her lips, watching as her hands shook whilst she did so. "Fuck. . ." She whispered before taking a long drag of the spliff, noticing as her voice trembled alongside her body parts.

"Bails?" She heard the familiar voice, turning her head she noticed as Freddie stood near her, walking towards her. He grabbed the spliff and took it into his mouth. "That was mine," Bailey told him, taking the spliff back and shoving it into her mouth almost immediately.

She moved slightly to let Freddie sit next to her, her head falling onto his shoulder when he did so. "You okay?" The floppy-haired boy asked, running his gentle fingers through her hair. "Yeah. . . I'm okay," And she was okay, with him. The feeling of his hands running through her hair, his other soothing her arm made her feel okay. She felt settled.

They walked onto school grounds after the spliff, hearing the loud shouts of students on the rooftop. "Is that Cook?" Bailey asked as she looked up, watching as Cook danced on the rooftop. "And JJ?" She laughed once noticing JJ, who looked a little more scared than Cook did.

However, her stomach decided otherwise. The feelings of butterflies crowded her stomach, and not the good ones, she covered her mouth before scanning the area of people surrounding her — timing how fast it would be for her to reach the toilet. She didn't take no warning but to run towards the toilets, making it just in time as she threw up.

She hated every last minute of this. Despising as the flavour washed itself in her mouth before she sighed heavily, leaning against the cold, bathroom stall. She grabbed a water bottle from her bag, swishing it in her mouth before spitting it back into the toilet.

Finding a piece of gum, Bailey placed that into her mouth as well, still drinking her bottle of water.

Weirdly enough, as she opened her eyes to the person in front of her, she saw Cook. He held out a bobble between his fingers, JJ could be heard waiting outside of the stall. "How'd you get one of those?" Asked Bailey, turning around to allow his fingers to graze through her hair and place the bobble in himself.

"No, I thought you was doing that outside?" She asked him, admiring her breath smelt of mint instead of sick at this moment. "I was on the rooftop, saw you run in here. I had to come and check you, Doll," Cook placed emphasis on 'you.' Bailey smiled at him, placing her head back onto the stall wall.

"Are you okay? Any reasoning to being sick?" Questioned JJ from outside. Bailey smiled at his question, Cook pouring water in her mouth before she answered. "Just a little anxious, J. Thanks, anyways," She said before rubbing her eyes, feeling the tiredness overcome her.

"That's one nasty bruise. Who the fuck did that to you?" Cook asked, his fingers brimming the bruise as he looked her in the eyes. "Nobody. I fell. . ." Bailey answered, thankful Freddie hadn't told anybody about the real reason she had the bruise on her face. "I haven't really spoken to you, Doll. But, I know that bruise isn't just from 'falling'," Cook said before helping her stand up.

Luckily, they had made it back in time for Cook to give his speech. "Over to the man, Cook!" Doug shouted before Cook left Bailey's touch and stepped onto the stage, lighting a cigarette as the sound people cheering his name filled the area.