leo tolstoy {EDITED}

Gianna came back to her desk.

"Your mom is the dean at Harvard?" Emily asked.

"Yes," Gianna sighed.

"Your family is like... rich," Morgan said referring to the business they own.

"Yes."

"Man, wish I was you growing up."

"Yea, I'm sure you do," Gianna said sarcastically.

"What?" Emily furrowed her brows.

"Well, when you have an Asian mom and a white dad, also , you're the only girl in the house, you do everything." she said.

"What do you mean?" Reid asked.

"I don't really want to talk about it."

"Yhy don't want to show off how rich you were?" Morgan teased.

"I would if I was." she stood up and left the bullpen.

January

Gianna was the last one in the bullpen. She went to her desk and started packing things.

"Are you really going?" Reid rolled over in his chair.

"I have to, the only way I get to stay on. when I'm done I'll come back to the team." She put on a fake smile.

The day was full of paperwork. Rossi made a going away party at the bureau. Gianna walked outside to get some air, everyone left. She heard someone had followed her out there so she wiped away her tears.

"Gia?" Reid came up to her

There was a weak smile painted across her lips. "Oh, hey, Spencer."

"I'm gonna miss you, we're all gonna miss you. Can't believe your gonna be gone for a year."

"Me neither. I'm gonna miss you too." Her eyes stayed trained on his, as if she could hold onto it forever. They both forces smiles at each other.

"Gia?" Spencer raised an eyebrow as he began to fiddle with his hands.
"Yea?" He stood there for a second looking at her, no saying anything. Gianna furrowed her brows, "Spencer?"

"I love you," he blurted. Gianna's breath hitched and caught in her throat. "I-I'm in love with you."

Gianna stood there. She was about to say something when her phone started to ring. The brunette excused herself and walked away to answer it.

She came back to Reid. "It's Strauss she wants me... I... I have to go." Spencer stared at her for a second before nodding for her to go. She walked into the building. Strauss talked to her and Gianna went to her desk, grabbed the phone, and leaned against it.

"Yea mom." She said. "I think I do," Gianna said into the phone. Spencer walked in, "I'll call you back." Gianna put the phone down.

She was about to say something but Reid grabbed her face and pressed his lips to hers. He pulled away after a bit. She kissed him as he put his arms around her waist to pull her in. They pulled away and smiled.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." Spencer breathed.

Gianna smiled, "Me too."

Gianna hugged him tight and he pulled away, "Are you really gonna go?"

"Spencer, I have to." A tear fell down her cheek and he wiped it away. She kissed him one last time, then walked away. She didn't want to say goodbye.

After she got in her car, Gianna got to her new apartment. Lots of people were in there.

"We need to change everything about you." A woman said. They gave her a new wardrobe. It was all bright colors, dresses, skirts. "We are dying your hair." Another said. "I can wear a wig, I'm not dying my hair," she said firmly. They shrugged, expecting it.