♡︎viii. Vibes

"just give me time, to get things right"* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Reader POV
Sitting up in my bed,
my head aches terribly and my body feels sore to the bone.
Papi had supposedly found out me and Popee finished all his drinks last night.
How do I know this, you ask?
Popee was currently sitting across from me on my mattress, screaming up a storm the moment he woke me up just a few minutes ago.
With the way my body was already beating itself up in a terrible hangover, the yelling from Popee was incredibly frustrating. I was too stressed to deal with this. I give Popee a noticeable pout before reaching over beside my bed and grabbing a fresh cigarette from a hidden box.
"since when do you fucking smoke? are you even listening to me?!"
He yells as I light my cigarette with a secret lighter and take a puff.
"since when you started stressing me the fuck out!" I scream back in his face, leaning forward and using the fag to point at him.
"what's it to you anyway? you don't fucking care! you're yelling at me for something we both did together, looking to give me the fucking blame!" I yell, looking down at the floor and placing the cigarette between my lips.
"just fuck off and let me get lung cancer in peace, will you? I'm already hung over..." I mumble, taking another sad puff.
Popee stands up aggressively and looks down at me, as I look up at him with tears in my eyes.
"fuck you" He says, and I furrow my brows. I yank the cigarette out of my mouth and stand up in front of him.
"excuse me?! you know what- no! fuck you! you're bipolar as fuck!" I yell.
"last night, you hold me tight and make me feel safe! and now you're blaming me for what happened so you don't get in trouble!? you're sick" I say, my voice cracking due to the disappointment I felt in Popee.
He furrows his brows in frustration before he turns to stomp out of my tent, but before he did I swear I could see the slightest hint of guilt in his dark eyes.
"go back to sleep, bitch" He spits, from outside my tent.
That did it, as my tear filled eyes finally spilt over.
Hot tears trickled down my face, falling without me needing to even blink for it to happen.
I pull my cigarette out of my mouth, and yell with a cracked, sad voice.
"that's the plan, you bipolar clown! and I hope to never wake back up" I retort, slightly mumbling the end part of my response as I drop my cigarette to the ground and stomp on it.
After that, sleeping is exactly what I did.
I threw myself back onto my mattress, letting out a few more tears and whimpers before finally drifting to sleep for a few hours.
But, of course, I didn't know it had been a few hours until I open my eyes back up to feel my body more sore than it was when i initially woke up.
I let out a heavy sigh and rub my eyes, pushing myself to sit up. I felt a shiver run down my spine, feeling the sudden drop in temperature as my blanket falls from my body.
I grunt and stand up, looking around to find one of my sweaters lying somewhere to throw on. I find an oversized grey hoodie laying in front of my mirror, and I stride over to pick it up.
I undress myself into only panties and slip the sweater over my head, looking into the mirror in front of me to see the hoodie fall to just above my knees.
My eyes travel up to see my messed hair, and I bring my hand up to run my fingers through it, doing something to possibly tame it.
Giving up on that, I hear my stomach let out a low growl and decide to go find something to eat. It has to be past lunch time by now, knowing I wake up late at first anyway, so I should probably snack on something.
I walk over to the opening of my tent and step out. Making my way around to the tent with stored food, I hear arguing coming from one of the tents around me.
Trying to figure out where it's coming from, I suddenly notice Keda coming around from behind one of them, then noticing me.
"hey, Keda, what's happening?" I ask him, and his mask falls to an almost guilty expression.
"Popee and Papi are arguing" he says, blankly, looking down at the floor.
"alright...nothing new...why do you look so guilty though? what are they arguing about?" I ask, tilting my head slightly as he finally looks back up at me.
He shakes his head and scratches the back of his neck.
"well, that's why I look so guilty. I cant really tell you why they're arguing...you might want to talk to Popee when he's done if you really want to know" Keda admits, looking off to the side.
I scoff and cross my arms.
"why would I want to initiate a conversation with that selfish piece of shit right now?" I grimace, furrowing my brows.
"because, like I said, if you want to know why they're arguing you probably want to talk to him about it. not me. but as for starting a conversation with him...you might get lucky and he'll be the one approaching you to make it easier" Keda explains, and the scowl on my face softens slightly.
Keda notices this before sighing gently.
"just trust me" He says, and turns to walk off.
If there's anyone I trust the most around here, it's Kedamono anyway.
I sigh and head towards the tent with our food once more, walking in and seeing a few more apples piled on a shelf.
I walk towards it and grab one swiftly, wasting no time to take a bite.
As I begin chewing, I turn around and listen closely to what's going on around me, only to realize the fighting between relatives has died down completely.
This caused me to grow slightly anxious, my appetite suddenly disappearing due to the anxiety, as i'm not feeling fully ready to speak with Popee yet if I do run into him.
I scoff and toss the apple to the side, feeling slightly guilty for wasting such a perfect piece of food, but not wanting to force myself into nausea if I continued to eat it.
Suddenly, I grow more nervous hearing footsteps outside of the tent i'm standing in, worried it might be Popee.
I sniff and pull a strand of hair behind my ear before hugging myself and looking down at the floor, feeling as if ignoring whoever it was would be my only chance of defense.
Fortunately for me, it was only Papi, as he paced inside the tent and noticing me standing inside.
"hello, dear. Popee is looking for you" He speaks, and hearing Popees name made me jump slightly, my stomach doing nervous flips at the same time.
"he's not mad anymore. not mad at you. I can feel your nervousness, just breathe. he can be very intense, I know, he's my son" Papi, speaks, grabbing a bottle of water from our stashed cooler.
"He typically tends to speak or act before thinking about what it is he's initiating. He also had no way of correctly learning right from wrong, so he is mostly childish at times...But..." Papi stands up tall, and turns to me, and I finally stare back up at him.
"deep down, he has good intentions and a good heart...he just has trouble with self control and understanding. he jumps to conclusions, and also finds it difficult to admit to his mistakes...always trying to prove he's the best at everything and that he knows exactly what he's doing...he's stubborn...but trust me" He finishes, pulling off the cap of his water bottle and going to take a sip.
I sigh, and look down at the floor.
"i'm sorry" I mumble, but just loud enough for Papi to hear.
"what for, dear?" He questions, after swallowing his sip of water.
"for taking your things without asking. I heard you found out about that" I say, hugging myself tighter and rubbing my arms.
"forget about it. I'll just get more of it, i'm not really mad...but now that you mention that, I think it would be a good time for you to go and find Popee...since you're on that topic" He motions for me to leave the tent, and I sigh before agreeing with him.
If both Keda and Papi are pushing me to talk to him, I probably should, all nerves aside.
I step out of the tent, and face the floor as I walk around, thinking about what I was going to say to Popee when I find him.
I figured before I went to see him I should put something else on, especially pants, just in case it would make the situation more awkward somehow, knowing Popee.
I head towards my tent, and pull it open with ease,
only to notice Popee seated right on my mattress as I walk in.
"fuck! Popee...I-I...you scared me" I stutter, mentally cursing at myself for doing so.
"sorry" he mumbles, pulling at his white tank top he's now wearing with pink sweatpants. His hat was also off, leaving his blonde hair on display in his messy pigtails.
I sigh and nod.
"it's okay" I whisper, stumbling over to pick up a pair of black shorts I had lying around.
"not just for that" He turns to me, speaking up once more.
I stand up straight and give him a questionable look, just as I drop my shorts to the floor, giving up on putting them on at this point.
"what do you mean?" I ask him, and he moves over slightly on my mattress as he looks down.
I see this as him asking me to sit down next to him, like he was ready to talk about something.
From what Keda and Papi were saying about him looking for me to talk, I wasn't surprised with the way he was acting, but I still didn't quite understand what he meant yet.
I sigh and approach him on my mattress, setting myself down next to him as he turns to face me, crossing his legs.
I face him and do the same, finding it surprisingly easy to just look up into his eyes right away, waiting for him to give an explanation.
"I mean for earlier. I don't know what was wrong with me. what I did to you was very selfish of me" He sighs, crossing his arms.
"blaming you, and only you, for what we did last night was wrong, because I fully understand it was both of us, and I should not have yelled at you for the blame. especially at that time when I know as soon as you woke up you felt like shit from the hangover..." He continues to explain, looking up into my eyes apologetically.
"I get that because I had a hangover too, and I felt like I needed to let some kind of anger out for feeling like shit on something, or someone, and the first person I was led to was you...but it was very wrong for me to do that" Popee sighs, tilting his head to the side to signal he was done with his apology.
I inhale deeply as I stare into his eyes, fully aware of his apology and that he genuinely meant it.
But I still felt the need to tease him about it.
"Popee genuinely apologizing...are you still hungover? do you feel sick? are you okay?" I joke, bringing my hand to feel all around his face, from his cheeks to his forehead.
"fuck you" he spits as he pushes my hand away. I could feel that he grew slightly angry at my response to his sincere apology, so I bring my hand to one of his and gently squeeze it.
"i'm just teasing you. I really appreciate the apology" I say, smiling slightly up at him, to which he softly returns the gesture.
"even though...I kind of deal with you being a piece of shit on a daily basis anyway...I still trust that you do care for me deep down" I roll my eyes playfully and he scoffs, but I feel him gently intertwining his fingers with mine.
"I do...and to prove that I kind of...took the blame for all of it anyway...not sure if you heard the arguing earlier" Popee reveals the reason for the yelling earlier, and I couldn't help but chuckle slightly.
"so that's what that was. i'm sorry...but did he even believe it was just you anyway?" I ask, curiously tilting my head.
Popee laughs slightly and shakes his head.
"well, probably fucking not. my father is a drama queen, but not an idiot" He snickers, leaning closer to my face suddenly.
"but...it was still worth a shot" He whispers, almost fully against my lips.
I feel my cheeks grow warm from the unexpected closeness of our faces in the moment.
"I really do feel bad about getting mad at you" He mumbles, batting his eyes as he tilts his head to fit against mine in case of a kiss.
"good. you should feel bad. it was very shitty of you" I say, just before deciding to connect my lips with his.
He kisses back immediately, and I feel myself crawl into his lap gently as he lays his hands on my hips.
I break the kiss abruptly and look into his eyes.
"and even after all of that...just look where I always end up anyway" I say, snaking my arms around his neck as he gently kisses my nose.
"falling right back into your lap"

* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
"then we'll begin, you tell me when"