fleetwood mac

{chapter warnings; oral sex & lack of aftercare}

You stared at your reflection in the bathroom mirror, eyes bloodshot, cheeks puffy. You turn on the faucet, the ice cold water splashing on your cheeks. You didn't have the energy to wash, just refresh. You trudged across your studio apartment towards the fire escape. It had been two days since you last worked, or seen Kylo, not to mention your bag undoubtedly sitting innocently on the same chair in Kylo's office. Oh the things that bag had seen friday night.

*flick* *flick*

Your cigarette lit up, inhaling briefly, you take in the surroundings of the city. The smell of rain on asphalt and the sound of horns honking, Civilians below you chattering amongst themselves. It was beautiful and sickening.

There was a pair of two men, one holding their jacket above the others head, to stop the light trickle of raindrops from touching his head, sweetly giggling as they did so.

You flicked your ash onto the metal bars of the fire escape. You wondered if Kylo could be like that. You wondered if he would be the type to make you breakfast, stop the rain from touching you. You know, the type of man you get a dog with.

But why were you thinking of him like this? he was your boss. All you did was make out up against the door of his office. you were sure he would act as if nothing happened. No big deal...Right?

Sure you had been on a handful of tragic tinder dates since you moved to the city, but none could stick around long enough to make you feel something.

You take another drag from your cigarette before putting it out.

*bzzzzzt*

*bzzzzzzt*

*bzzzzt*

You frantically reached in your pocket for your phone. It was 12:47, Nobody calls this late.

*incoming call from: Kylo Ren Work  Cell*

"Holy fuck" You practically jump, Kylo never called you. He typically sent very dry texts, where he would be depicting stupid things like what kind of muffin he wanted that morning, along with his latte.

You swiped to answer, you scoff before putting the phone to your ear.

"Miss, (y/l/n)" Kylo softly spoke.

"Hello, Mr. Ren is everything okay?"

"Yeah quite fine actually, I was thinking of what you said the other day in regards to Kaydel, And I agree, I believe I've found our girl. Her name is Rey." He sounded excited.

You sighed, knowing it was just another missed opportunity in account to your anxiety. It wasn't easy.

"That's...Lovely, is that all you called for?" You sheepishly spoke, Cold air finally nipping at you.

"Yes. Have a good night. See you bright and early tomorrow."

*click*

You sat there puzzled, dumbfounded that he called you just to say that he listened to you for the first time in the whole two months you've been working for him.