how long have you known?

a/n fair warning this chapter is largely consumed with dialogue.

   Kylo opened the door of the mini-fridge that sat on a small table in the corner of your suite. He picked through it for a moment, looking at the copious amounts of water bottles and tiny liquors.

    "There's nothing good in here." He huffed, standing his large frame back up.
  "I think wine would've been more appropriate than miniature vodka bottles, don't you think?" You said, changing into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top.

"Appropriate for what?" He chuckled, making his way to the phone, searching along the bedside table for a room service menu.

   "Well, sex?" You hesitated.
"That's why you wanted to come out here, is it not? Like a little, sexy-getaway type of thing?"

Kylo put the phone back onto the receiver. "I mean, I'd certainly like that, sure. But I do have more hobbies than sex, you know."

  You laughed, "I've never seen you do anything but work and fuck." He turned and looked at you,
  "Ah well maybe that's why I brought you here, maybe, I like spending time with you. Perhaps I'd like to know what you do other than work for me, and let me fuck you."
  He sassed you back. You wouldn't lie, his words kinda stung you a bit. You didn't know much about Kylo besides the aforementioned, you wanted so badly to have him care. And he was, He was really trying it seemed.

"Oh, okay, so, what would you like to know?" You sat down next to him in your comfy clothes.

"I'd like to know, well, whatever you're willing to tell me?" He scratched his head, sighing a little as if he were thinking of direct questions, but unable to form the sentences. Or he couldn't bring up the courage to ask, either way, he looked as if he had something on the tip of his tongue, that he couldn't let out.

"Hm. Well, I guess I could spare a few details." You stopped, looking at Kylo for the go-ahead.

"I love sitcoms. Oh! there was this one good show I watched a while ago. I can't remember the name, but, oh! nevermind." You sighed, Kylo had a small smirk forming, the kind he normally tried to hide.

"I tell people my favourite colour is orange, to make myself sound more interesting—But I actually love pink, like a nice sweet baby pink? you know?"
"I know," Kylo responded.

"I used to have a dog, her name was Casey. She passed right after..." You trailed off.
"I love cereal too, maybe that's far too random."
  Kylo turned towards you, now grinning eagerly.
    "I fucking love cereal. Take me to a five-star restaurant, I'd rather eat cereal." You both laughed, drawing the moment out for what seemed like an eternity.

"Anything else?" Kylo asked.

"I'm sure I'll wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with something to tell you, but nothing I can think of, off the top of my head." You shrugged.

"You said before, about your dog...It passed, right after?" He questioned you, though you felt as if he knew you were uncomfortable. He must have heard something about your mother's passing, even if it was through the grapevine at work.

"My mom." You motioned to the pendant on your neck, as you softly spoke to him. "I'm sorry." He said, placing a hand on your thigh, in a non-sexual way, for the first time ever. He meant what he was saying.

"It's fine, really. You asked me once, why I didn't audition for the part in the first place." You whispered. Kylo's eyes perked up. "Yeah."

"I just never felt the same after she was gone. She was my biggest supporter. Sure, my father was good as well, but he never cared that much, just the normal way fathers do. Usually, in my school productions, I'd see him dozing off."