𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆.

I 021

I 021. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ camera ❞

     SHE DIDN'T SLEEP THE ENTIRE TRAIN RIDE. Not one bit. And to be fair, she looked homeless. The shock on the ticket teller's face when she had enough change to pay for the ticket was enough to keep her awake for hours, thinking about how terrible life was for her.

Ariadne leaned her head against the glass and longed to be in New York already. She hadn't made it to the Amtrak until early the next morning, and her clothes were scorched and dirty. Her arm had stopped bleeding, and her face had been washed with water to removed the blood. There was a nasty cut on her face, and she knew it didn't look pretty.

As the Amtrak screeched to a stop, she sat up straight. The girl had taken a seat closest to the doors, knowing she needed to get off of the train she had been riding for fifteen hours. She needed new clothes and to get to camp. There was no point in heading towards Percy and Annabeth, the blonde wouldn't want to see her, and it was already twelve.

The girl exited the train as the doors flew open. She whistled and hailed a taxi, climbing into the back. The driver gave her a disgusted look. "Go money to pay, kid? I don't need any free loaders in my cab."

"Yeah," she said shortly. He sped off.

They were stuck behind a line of cars for ten minutes, and she was ready to collapse from pain and exhaustion. Camp would be able to boost her terrible mood. It was already at rock bottom, anyways.

He honked and cursed at the drivers. They flipped him off before the man decided to make conversation. "You vaccinated?" he asked, a heavy New York accent slipping on his tongue. His hair was mostly gone, and he wore a black sweatshirt and shorts.

She gave him a weird look. "Of course I'm vaccinated. I'm not a stray," she said.

The man shrugged. "I've seen people like you. I bet you have no parents or home. Am I right?" he asked, turning right.

She nodded. He made a humming sound before reaching over to turn the radio up. And soon, the cab was filled with the melodic voice of Beyonce. Ariadne had discussed with her friends that the singer was most definitely a child of Apollo, and the next morning, she had awoken to a yellow plant in her window with a note from the god himself. He apparently was helping Aphrodite by keeping tabs on her and Percy.

Soon, the cab driver sang in a terrible voice. He glanced back at her and grinned. "Not in the mood, huh?" Her silence was enough for him. "Beyonce wakes me up every morning. Gorgeous women. Anybody in your life?" he asked.