A new adventure

It has been 2 weeks since Earth made first contact with the New World. On Earth there are huge debates between countries. Many countries say that the Gate should be theirs and, and others admit they don't want to have it, simply because God knows what truly is behind the Gate. The U.S and several other nations defend Germany,and say that it is their responsibility to take care of the Gate. U.S president has even said that if something comes out of the Gate and the German army can't stop it, U.S army will help them.

On the other side of the Gate, there was established a huge base of operation, with barbed fences all over. Today, a new expedition team will be dispatched. Along with our friend, Adalwin Frucht and another commander, Fritz Heuser, a more experienced commander, and even a hero in the German revolution, 20 years ago. Adalwin, on short, was anxious, not only he will fight alongside a battle hardened commander, but he will also lead a huge team, nearly 5 times bigger than what he had last time, armed to the teeth, and supplies that would last for months. He was not an experienced commander, never has been in war, but that doesn't mean that he will let his men become food, or breeding stations, for the monsters.

The expedition team was ready to move out, and so they did. This time, with the help of a map that Adalwin got on his other expedition, they were going to explore this world a lot more. Everyone at the base cheered them luck and safety. The last preparations were done, and they were going out.

As the expedition team left, a few kunoichi watched them from a nearby forest, undetected. They wanted to kidnap a few soldiers, and if possible, one of the commanders and bring them to their mistress, Druella. They knew that a full head on attack would be pure suicide, especially this close to the German base, so they waited until they were far enough from the base, and at night, they will pounce.

Adalwin and Fritz weren't the best friends, neither they hated each other, but both liked being alone, but on a mission this big, one commander wasn't enough. Fritz was a more known commander than Adalwin, and a more experienced one. Beside his tough exterior, Fritz always blamed himself for the loss of a soldier, he respected his troops, and his troops respected him back.

Many hours later the expedition team was pretty far away from the base, and night was setting in, unfortunately for them, it rained before so the ground was muddy, but nothing that gave them conniptions. Many soldiers slept with one eye open, while others were deep in thought. Adalwin, on the other hand, was inside a tent, the team made a camp for the night, they were up on a hill, several soldiers are guarding and patrolling the camp, while Adalwin studied the map of the land.

'We went south, to the city of Lescatia, but the skies are getting a little to purpleish, where the hell are we going?' thought Adalwin

The night was peaceful, only the sounds of nature were heard, and the footsteps of the soldiers guarding the camp, it was very quiet... a little to quiet. Almost all of the time there was some soldiers that caused some ruckus, or at least animals around here. But nothing was heard from any nearby tents around Adalwin. Curiosity grew on Adalwin and decided to step outside a bit, opening the curtains, his eyes went wide, mamono were holding two of his men on the ground, the kunoichi finally seeing him, threw at him a good dagger, Adalwin reacting far enough, dodged the dagger and pulled out his luger a shot. The sound of the gunshot alerted the whole camp, and everyone jumped back to their feet. The kunoichi, now uncovered threw a smoke bomb on the ground, magicly vanishing. Super soldiers, shock troopers and others came at Adalwin's tent and saw him with his luger in his hand, he then spoke.

"Men! We have been attacked by the mamono, they captured two of our friends. This is unacceptable! We shall rescue them, pack up we will search for them, I need search parties everywhere and fast!" said Adalwin

Fritz was now with Adalwin outside talking.

"How are we going to find them Fritz?" asked Adalwin in a worried tone, he cared for his soldiers, and losing soldiers on the first day of exploration was absurd

"We must find the nearest mamono camp, I don't think they could run away to far, you said to me one time you met this 'daughter' of the Demon Lord, and you also said that she had big intentions on our world, right?" said Fritz

"Yes, I did met her, but she was no threat. Do you think she is the one who sent the mamono here?"

"It's an idea, but first we need to find our men and get them back, that is top priority."

"Of course Fritz, we will get them back, I hope." said Adalwin before he got up and walked away

An audible sigh is heard from Fritz:

'Me too...'