Chapter 1

<Foxy>
I wake up to my alarm blaring into my ear, and I gasp. Today is my first day at Scawthon School for Elementals, aka SSE! Only the best get into the high school, which is why this day is so important to me.
To get in you had to send a video application of everything you can do with your powers. Of course I wanted to lie about my powers, saying that I was only light, or maybe fire. But the headmaster of the school contacted me directly because my mom called saying I had it all. The headmaster, known as Vincent Bishop, told me to send a private video, and i did. He told me to keep it a secret that i had any power at all, for my safety.
So of course for my sake I agreed and today is my first day!
"Honey! Please get up for your very first day of school!" My mom squeals excitedly.
"Okay mom" i say lamely, throwing the covers over the side of the bed and entering my walk in closet. Apparently the school doesnt have much of a dress code, just dont wear anything too revealing.
So of course I throw on a dark red hoodie and black skinny Jean's that no, are not ripped. I care about my appearance. A bit. I dont bother with my hair.
I step out of my room into the kitchen, where my mom prepared a breakfast of scrambled eggs for me.
"Oh honey I made you breakfast" my mom smiles so wide her face is a bright tomato red.
I sit down and slowly put food into my mouth, chewing slowly. I feel my heart pounding in my chest. Everyone is probably gonna fear me, or at least I hope so.
I finish eating and put my plate in the sink.
Before I exit the house mom squeezes me, "I'm so proud honey! Be safe!" She requests.
"Okay" I lie, and I walk out the door.
I start walking to the bus stop. I have to stay low. That's what Vincent told me. I also heard that theres gonna be tournaments where we have to remain top place otherwise face being expelled until next year. Only the best go to SSE.
I step onto the bus. My heart starts pounding even more as soon as the bus jerks to motion.
"Next stop, Scawthon School for Elementals" the intercom crackles.
I scan my surroundings. I think I'm the only person on this bus going to SSE.
"Who's on the bus that's going?" I hear whispers spread through the bus.
I pull my hoodie over my head, looking down at my red and white runners.
Vincent instructed me to go straight to his office as soon as I got to campus. Its what I'd normally do anyways.
The bus stops not far from campus. It's in the country so we dont destroy nearby buildings during training.
I make my way towards the exit, being eyed up all the way there. I shift uncomfortably and get off the bus.

I step onto campus, its bustling with life as expected, but a hush falls over the students when I arrive. I hope they dont sense something wrong with me. I huff and make my way to a small building to the left, its titled Vincent Bishop and Violet Bishop's Office. Well it has Vincent's name so I guess this is it. I push open the doors, maybe Violet is his sister? But he didnt mention of any family.
The door closes behind me, and its silent, I face two people, Vincent being one of them.
"Ah you must be Foxy. You've already met me, Vincent Bishop. This is my wife Violet. We run this school together" Vincent smiles cheerfully.
I say nothing.
"Ah right you dont speak. You're that mute kid" Violet teases, resting her elbow on Vincent's shoulder.
I narrow my eyes, "just give me my locker number and combination" I say in my gruff, deep voice.
"Well then. Sorry you dont get that stuff" Vincent says.
"Then why am I here" I ask.
"The explain your rules. Dont speak to anyone. Dont make enemies with anyone. Dont catch feelings for any girls-"
"I'm gay so that wont be a problem" I snap.
"Well then. Same applies for all genders and gender neutrals."
"I follow my own rules" I smirk.
"If you insist. You will be training with me and Violet and everyone else in class 1X. You can go into the courtyard and do whatever until me and Vi step out" Vincent grins.
I dont do anything but turn and walk out the office.

I didnt realize how dark the office was until I was outside. I shield my eyes from the light, but it passes as soon as it came.
Where the light was remains a small, happy, joyful girl with orange eyeshadow and purple eyes.
"Hi I'm Lolbit!" She greets. "I am one of the three at the school who has the light element. I only hang out with my element but I thought I should introduce myself" Lolbit smiles.
I frown. I step aside to get past her, and she frowns and moves with me.
"Introduce yourself! Dont be rude!" Her voice is extremely high pitched and squeaky.
I roll my eyes, "I'm Foxy" I cough immediately, my voice scratching my throat. I try again when Lolbit narrows her eyes at me, "just Foxy" I say.
"Yeah, and your element" Lolbit sneers.
"Go away i was strictly instructed not to talk to anyone" i grunt.
"Whys your voice so rough?" Lolbit asks.
I growl, "you wont be all sunshine and rainbows soon" I laugh.