Chapter 3 : Social Project

JENNIE's P.O.V

I don't know why I had to decide between Rosé and Kai for I hate them both. 'What will other students think if they see us together working for this project?'

I questioned myself, this thought suits well even if I chose Kai. People will still wonder why am I doing school project with someone I hate. But after thinking hard for it, I just decided to choose Rosé since I guess she will also won't let herself spend so much time with me and we will be able to finish it without much time being together.

Unlike Kai, he's my ex, we're already done, but he keeps bugging me after we broke up. I don't like that of course, he do all ways to keep in touch with me so I decided to agree with studying in New Zealand for a year after we broke up so I don’t have to see him around after what happened to us.

I don't know what he's up to right now but I don't want to start this school year with him being around me. I hate Rosé so much but there’s a different hatred I feel for Kai.

Fast forward, I am now heading to my first subject. "Goodmorning Jendeuk!"

You don't have to guess who it is, of course, it's Jisoo. "Goodmorning Jisoo, what's with the energy? Had fun last night with Lisa?"

She laughed, "Yes, we went at the mall to watch horror film and it was really funny to see her making scared faces." She answered enthusiastically.

I just smiled, Lisa and Jisoo are good friends, I just wonder if there's something between them, sometimes it makes me think that way since they have something I can not really figure out but I just don't like to barge in with people's life so let them be.

We continue to walk together since we are always on the same classes. I personally don't do enter classes with other people but since Jisoo is a friend of mine, why not?

We made our way to our seats and in to my surprise and annoyance, Rosé comes in. "Goodmorning Jisoo eonni, I'm sorry I didn't made it to the mall, I suddenly felt extremely pissed off yesterday so I went home immediately." She told Jisoo with honesty and upset tone.

I knew she was referring about me saying she must get out of my way, obviously she was pissed off because that's 'our' project for one of our important subjects. I just rolled my eyes.

"Oh.. I see, no worries chaepmunk, I understand." I swear I felt Jisoo's eyes on me when she said she understands Rosé. She seats behind Jisoo and grabs her phone at her bag, I started minding my own business as well. I am not expecting her to greet me how she greeted Jisoo, I won't answer back, she knows it.

"Ehem. So Jennie, mind if you'll tell me what happened?" Seriously, she sounded like a mother asking about her daughter's war. "It's not that important Jisoo." I simply shruggs but she won't stop I guess.

"No, tell me."

By that I told her to story and I can remember how many times she told me I was really annoying that she deeply understands why Rosé would be really pissed off. I just rolled my eyes with her sympathy at Rosé.

Time flies fast and I just let the classes consumed mine, not minding how Jisoo would simply hit my arm whenever she rethinks about my story.

"Jennie, let's talk about the project."

I looked up and saw Rosé obviously irritated. I just went back to what am I doing. "I said let's talk about it." Annoyance from her tone can be heard.

"Okay." I just answered and went back to writing down things from our last class. There's only the two of us now here at the room and I'll say that's a relief so people won't wonder like why Rosé's here infront of me.

"Look Jennie, I know we both don't really like to do things together." She paused for a moment, obviously trying to find the right words to say. "But.. This project is important, you know it, our grades matters to us the most."

Her last statement had me looking at her eyes, it surprised me, she was looking at me intently that I suddenly felt like she's looking into my very soul, maybe because her eyes are really deep– ‘Wait, what?’  I shrugged the thought off. I haven't noticed the distance of our faces until I felt her breath upon my lips.

She stepped back, maybe noticing the same thing I have noticed. I didn't see her leaning to my table so that's why I haven't thought that I would be so close to her like that. 'That was close..' I felt my cheeks heated at the thought of what happened, Rosé trying to look at somewhere else maybe to see if there's anyone who saw us.

Gosh, Jennie, what's with blushing?

Am I?! No. That's from embarrassment. I swear.

Rosé coughed, I know she faked it just to caught my attention. "I understand your point Rosé. So now, who'll decide when we will start to do this thing?" I boredly said.

She sat at a seat and sighed. "We'll decide together."

I looked at her, "Okay. I'm free this saturday."

She looked at me, "I'm not."

"Okay. Sunday." I irritatedly said.

"I am also not—"

I stood up and crossed my arms. "So when? Should I always have to adjust with your time? I also have my own schedules and such."

She sighed and raised her hands defeatedly. "Alright, we'll start at Sunday. Here's my phone number." She stood up and walked towards me and handed a small piece of paper with her number on it.

"Okay."

"Jennie." I looked at her and I saw her sigh and faced me.

"What?" I coldly asked. I picked up my things and fixed my self waiting for her to answer.

"Nevermind."

As she said that she walked away, I raised my eyebrow. 'Weird.'

Author's note:

Okay I am very sorry if this took a very long time before I updated. I felt so not motivated in continuing this story for some personal reasons but I am now making sure that I will update as much as possible. This chapter is kinda short so I must say I will be updating this Sunday. I am really busy with my life right now guys. But I assure to update if I have made another chapter, thank you and sorry!