Chapter 9

A/N : 1k reads on this story, I-
But seriously though, this is one of the first stories I published and dedicated to finish till the end. A story of mine has never gotten this popular before, thank you❤️ This chapter and the next one will be a bit slow, but I think I'll quicken up the pace so that the plot doesn't go stale. Anyway, enjoy the chapter :3

(Y/N)

    On Sunday morning, 5:00 Am, Agent Young requested that I come and meet with him at the FBI headquarters.

I tried to be as silent as I could, stepping over boxes and random trash on the floor, careful not to wake a sleeping Riley.

After a few FBI agents helped install the security cameras around my house, Riley managed to move all her important things in within the same exact day. The problem was, she didn't unpack anything yet. I shared my bed with her, because my living room couch was not the comfortable kind that you would sleep on.

This time of morning was always silent, the only thing I could hear was the crickets outside, and my own quiet breath.
Drowsiness still lightly draped around me like a blanket, I decided to skip breakfast, grabbed my keys, and headed out the door.

*****

It didn't take long before I was now standing in front of the large building, my arms hugging my body tightly as the cool, morning breeze continued to hit my bare face. I was starting to regret how I didn't try to look a little fancy, while visiting such a high profile place.

The butterflies continued to flutter in my stomach as I considered my gray sweatshirt, grubby jeans, and (H/C) hair messily tossed back in a bun. I felt like a potato. But being a girl who doesn't give a shit about high standards, I also felt good.

    Agent Young didn't give me any kind of details as to why he called me over at five in the morning, but I knew that it most likely had something to do with the BlueBlood Killer. He only told me a few details, but never got too deep into it.

I finally gathered up enough courage to pull open the door and step inside. The moment I stepped in the door, I pulled my phone out and hurriedly sent Thomas a message that I was here. It didn't help my nerves at all when other people glanced my way.

    About five minutes later of standing around awkwardly, the same man that I had met in my driveway yesterday finally appeared. Thomas recognized me immediately and he approached, a small smile on his face. "(Y/N)... it's good to see you again."

He reached his hand out and I took it. "Same goes for you." I replied, returning his smile with my own.

*****

    "Are you aware of the Deep Web, (Y/N)?" Thomas asked, after handing me a bagel that was freshly toasted.

    I dug into it immediately, a little hesitant to answer the agent's question. We were sitting in a small, comfy looking office. Thomas had made sure that I was comfortable before we started talking.

    Swallowing the food, I answered his question, despite my discomfort. "Yes. But I've never looked at it myself."

Thomas nodded, chewing the tip of his pen thoughtfully. "Well, recently we've been snooping around on there, and there have been quite a few hints that the BlueBlood killer goes on there from time to time. But he's anonymous."

    This was interesting news. How so many people are looking, and how the killer can be online without no way for him to be tracked. I stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

"We are currently looking into that, but there is a job I would like to offer you. If you really want to catch this guy."

I stuffed the rest of bagel into my mouth, and looked at him, one hundred percent serious. "I want to catch this guy."

Thomas nodded, and then explained the job that I was determined to take. "We have a crime watch program, where every second of the day, we get spammed with reports of suspicious people. Well, as we always say, the BlueBlood Killer is hidden in plain sight. Without any specific evidence of his crimes, it's impossible to figure out who he is."

The agent paused, and I knew where this was going.

"(Y/N), do you think you could dedicate your time to read these reports? Maybe you can find some sort of lead. We need you to do it while we search the Deep Web."

My breath quickened, and I felt sweat begin to form on my palms. Was this how I could finally avenge my family? Find out who the BlueBlood Killer is and lock him up forever? But my heart sank as I thought about my brother. I would have to juggle different part time jobs all while staring at a computer screen for hours.

But I'll do anything. I need to find closure.

Without even a second thought, I straightened in my chair, earning a look of approval from Agent Young.

"I'll do anything."

*****

Tanner

It had been quite a while since (Y/N) stepped into the large building, and waiting definitely was starting to become more difficult. This car I sat in was always too small for my liking. I tried to occupy myself by scrolling through my photos, which consisted of dead bodies, surgical supplies, and the recent screenshots of (Y/N). She had just posted a new photo on her instagram yesterday, one with her and her group of friends.

The sun was almost all the way up by the time I saw the girl's familiar shape exit through the doors. That FBI agent was following just behind, and I watched as they shook hands and then she took off to her Jeep with something tucked in her arms. Lately, I've felt intrigued by her, and the more I go back to the night she scared me off, the more interesting she became.

I was already confident in my plan to become friends with her, but what will she thinks when she finds out who I really am?

How fucked up I am.

Murdering people always gave me joy, a high that no other drug could. But I didn't choose to be messed up.

Perhaps (Y/N) will see that.

I revved up the engine just as (Y/N) backed out of her parking spot, carefully driving through the lines of expensive cars. Making sure I was at a distance behind her on the road, I started whistling a tune. Thinking about all of this was making me giddy.

We are so close to finding the man who ruined my life.

A/N : Aight but Tanner, why u following her? The week ain't started yet 👀

Stalking? Check

Obsession? Yes

Hotel? Trivago