Chapter 31

A/N : Doing double post for the rest of the week UwU. I've never been this motivated to write a story! Thank you all for reading 💕

(Y/N)

Tanner and I had reached the old warehouse. It was quite large, and there weren't many things we could hide behind, until Tanner pointed out a pile of garbage bins just outside the back door after scouting the area.

I reluctantly crouched down next to him, as a faint voice of a younger boy was heard from inside. As he spoke, it echoed all around the warehouse, and from what I could gather, he was talking with someone on the phone.

"So, you want me to give this box to her?" My ears finally adjusted, so now I could hear much more clearly.

"Wait... I thought you wanted her dead? So, you want me to slip this on to her porch? But you can't open it!"

What the hell was he talking about?

I shifted on my knees, trying to peek over the trashcans, but before I could, Tanner pushed me down into the damp grass, his palm pressed firmly against my collarbone, body hovering over mine.

I felt a blush creep on to my face, and I was going to say something, fixing him with a glare, until he raised a finger to his lips, eyes firm.

Then I heard the footsteps approaching us. The both of us froze as we saw the man pass by the trashcans, and stepped out into the grass, phone pressed against his ear.

"So, you don't want her dead now? You're just messing with her? Oh... but you still want her dead, right?"

He paused for a moment, and Tanner and I exchanged glances as we stayed huddled together, careful not to make any movement.

"Ugh... yes ma'am."

Ma'am...

Who was this woman, and why is she with the BlueBlood Killer?

I heard the man's footsteps stray further away from us, so Tanner released me, and I sat up, peeking around the cans this time. My eyes widened at the item in his hand.

It was a lock box. My brother's lock box. I recognized the orange chipped spray paint.

My brother kept the box for himself, he never showed what was inside there, not even me. The last time I saw the box, was back at home, before my parents and sister were killed.

I swallowed. Did the BlueBlood Killer take it?

My mind was reeling with questions, and I remembered Clint telling me that the killer is a person who was trying to mess with me, but why send people to kill me immediately? I could've died just one second before Adam and Clint pulled that David guy off of me.

But... seeing someone else hold my brother's box. An item that was precious to him.

That made me angry.

Before Tanner could process what I was doing, I had jumped to my feet, and was running towards the man just after he hung up the phone.

He whipped his head around just as I reached my hands out to shove him forwards. "What the-"

He stumbled a bit, and then I ducked away as he grabbed for me. I was already out of breath, the lack of sleep causing my head to spin. "Give- give me the box."

I reached my hand out, and he sneered. "How the hell did you know...?"

"Give me it."

The man laughed. "Oh, so now you're playing the brave female protaganist?" He scoffed, throwing the lock box on the ground behind him.