Chapter 15

Tanner

It was silent that afternoon, and I began to grow impatient. After (Y/N) left the hospital, I wasted no time in driving to a nearby liquor store and purchasing two bottles of not very cheap wine. I was still astonished by how naive she was.

Welcoming a man she had just met over to her house at night? An unhinged one at that.

I suppressed a shiver of satisfaction and popped the cork on one wine bottle. The aroma hit my nose, and I sat there for a moment, eyes closed and a smile on my face.

I had to enjoy every second of myself tonight.

Despite being physically vigorous, (Y/N) was weak mentally, and so it took no effort to earn her trust. I opened my eyes and stared out the windshield of my car, watching people go about their day, and I clenched my fists tight, keeping my excitement trapped within.

Just a few more hours, and she will finally be ours.

We can finally make progress, and kill BBK, the one who could possibly ruin Adam's title.

As a murderer myself, I would not do the things that the BlueBlood Killer has done to his victims in his younger days. He used to make them go through an unnecessary amount of trauma, and manipulated them into doing bad things themselves.

Just like me.

But unfortunately you can't change the past.

I like hurting people.

I like putting helpless women to sleep.

I like tasting a part of them.

But why was it different with this girl?

Perhaps it's because she was the first victim of mine to fight back? Rather than cry and scream, frozen in fear?

Or perhaps it's because Adam told me to refrain from doing anything serious to her. We do need her alive after all.

But I might as well play around with her before I take her to Adam. Slowly, I retrieved the bottle of Temazepam first from the glove box, and admired it. This could definitely help in relaxing her enough when I make my move.

Removing the cap from the bottle, I disregarded how much I was supposed to use and poured the entire thing into the wine. The drug itself was an off pink color, and you could see the thin lines of it fuse together with the dark purple drink.

I swirled the bottle around, disposing of any evidence that the wine had been tampered with in the first place. Then, with a wide grin, I took the syringe I always kept handy out of my coat pocket. It was already filled with the drug that should have been used on her my last encounter.

But, I'm confident I won't fail this time. I've got (Y/N) wrapped around my finger.

You'll be our little puppet soon.

————————
(Y/N)

For the third time in a row, I beat on the apartment door, albeit a little harder than I expected.

These people sure know how to waste my time. I thought, irritation evident on my face as I shifted the box of pizza in my other arm.

I knew someone was in there, because of the silent clatter, a shush, and the shuffle of footsteps.

I raised my fist to the door again, but before I could knock, it yanked open, and a man peeked his head out, looking down the hall from where I entered at the elevator.

"What is it?" He asked, and I resisted the urge to bitch slap him with the pizza box.

Instead, I swallowed back my frustration, and kept a steady voice as I explained my reasoning of being here.