Chapter 24

A/N : Seems like most of y'all want a Connor x Reader.... I BETTER START WHIPPING OUT MA NOTES

(Y/N)

".....What? Something on my face?"

I narrowed my eyes at Thomas, who was sitting across the table from me at the cafe, mouth slightly hung open, and eyes bewildered.

He blinked at my words. "Oh— no no, it's just... you look a bit angry." His words were so blunt that I wanted to kick him in the face.

"Yeah, no shit." I mumbled, taking a huge gulp of coffee and inhaling my donut.

Thomas squinted, leaning towards me. "Okay, seriously... what happened?"

Oh, just that a man who murders people gave me a hickey while I was in a deep sleep, and apparently I got off on it but I still feel violated

Instead of telling him that, I just glowered. "Everyone has a bad day, now what did you call me here for?"

"Oh, right!" Thomas cleared his throat, avoiding my death stare. "So, since you referred to me as your 'friend', I kind of want you to do me a favor..."

He grinned, and I mentally rolled my eyes. "What is it?"

Thomas's smile suddenly fell, and he was slow, cautious as he brought out his phone from his pocket, and slid it over for me to see. It was a video. The atmosphere was suddenly tense, and when I stole a look at the agent, his face was suddenly grim.

Gulping, I tapped the play button.

It was security footage, of me in that room when I was doing the interview with Thomas. My heart sank, as I heard myself start hissing into the phone tucked in my shirt pocket, the whole conversation I had with Tanner caught on tape.

Shit.

"(Y/N)... please tell me what's going on in this video." His voice was firm, and my heart began to pick up speed. "Who is Tanner? And what the hell are you two talking about?"

I swallowed, hands clenching into fists. After about an eternity of scrambling up different excuses to say, I finally said, "Tanner's... a friend." I looked up to meet Thomas's gaze, and his eyes softened a bit, yet he still looked suspicious.

Sighing, I continued. "I just... needed some form of comfort while I was talking during the interview." I turned my head away, ashamed of lying, but I knew I had no other choice. "Yes, Tanner made me laugh at one point, but he just didn't want to see me cry..."

Thomas squinted at me, still not convinced. "But you've never told me about him... and what was with that discussion you had with him about 'I'm not a fucking murderer like you.' ?"

Yikes... how was I supposed to come up with an excuse for that?

"Ah.. c'mon Thomas, you know how friends mess around. Plus, I didn't tell you about Tanner... because..." My words faltered, and my new friend raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to continue.

"Well, simply because we just met not too long ago." My mouth felt dry, but I think my excuse was working so far.

Thomas stared at me for a long moment, and I kept the most firm expression I could, despite wanting to have a meltdown right then and there. Then, as cautiously as he could, Thomas eased back, and then the tension between us was gone.

"I'm going to take your word for it." He said, and just when I was about to throw a celebration in my head, he pointed at me, eyes still squinting with lingering suspicion. "But you better not be lying to me, (Y/N)."