Chapter 48

A/N : Happy Tuesday! (I'm still dead inside T^T)

I want to give a quick shoutout to Wolvesnight1515 for editing my stories! She's been bettering the quality of my chapters, and I can't thank her enough!

Some if you guys said you'd like to see a love triangle in my Connor fanfic, so I'll make a poll and see which second love interest you'd like to see :

Markus

North

Simon

Nora (The best friend in the story)

*****

(Y/N)

About ten minutes passed after Adam and Clint arrived, and I suddenly remembered the fact that I was still wearing Tanner's bathrobe.

I squeezed the soft fabric, turning to Tanner. I was about to ask him if I could borrow some of his spare clothes, when Clint suddenly spoke up from the kitchen table. "I get that we're going to this club tomorrow, but do we all really have to dress up?"

He was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal that Tanner had offered to him a few moments before. Adam was right next to him, head resting in his hands as he thought hard about something.

"It's definitely something I'd suggest." Adam finally replied, turning to Clint. "Haven't you heard of all those movies where villains always look good?"

Tanner was fidgeting from next to me, and I noticed he was pretty intrigued by their conversation, a half grin on his face. He suddenly caught my gaze, and I turned away, embarrassed.

Clint snorted, taking another bite of his cereal. "Oh yeah? You're a villain, and you also wear suits every day... but I have yet to notice the fact that you look good!"

My breath hitched, body tensing up as Adam's expression changed. Then, he reached over, grabbed Clint's head, and shoved it into the bowl of cereal.

All I could hear was the sound of his head slamming into the bowl, milk splashing up in different directions as Clint exclaimed. An odd silence fell around everyone as Adam sat back, looking satisfied with himself. "Scratch the suit, I think you'll look great wearing milk!"

Clint slowly raised his head from the bowl, and I cringed as I saw milk and flakes of cereal fall from his face. He blinked, and then Tanner started to giggle and clap at the scene unfolding before him.

Slowly, Clint turned to stare at Adam, looking both amazed and terrified. "You know what... I'll be happy to wear a suit tomorrow."

"Yeah... I thought so." Adam replied, smug.

After that strange moment between them ended, I awkwardly cleared my throat and said, "I know you guys offered to take me to visit my friends and brother, but I have to go home and find some clothes first..."

Tanner intervened, lifting a hand up in the air. "Nonsense! I've actually got something for you in my bedroom!" Then, he motioned for me to follow, and I gave Adam a sheepish smile.

"I'll be right back, then."

I reluctantly followed Tanner into his room. When I peered in, I saw he was already rummaging through his closet. "Ah! I found it!"

Tanner's enthusiasm made me jump a little, and I watched as he returned from the closet, and outfit in his hand. My outfit. The one I had when Tanner kidnapped me that night.