Chapter 11

Notice : I changed my book cover. Tanner be lookin' phresh in that new pic..... I think I'm falling for him too UwU

(I'm uploading this chapter early because I finished it sooner than I expected ^^

(Y/N)

The first thing I saw was the rope. I physically couldn't look any lower than that, my eyes just stayed glued to the rope tied to my ceiling fan for the longest time.

But I knew not looking wasn't going to make a difference.

So, I forced myself to look, breath uneven, and heart empty.

Riley was hanging from the rope, her body limp. Her clothes looked rumpled, so I knew that there was some kind of struggle. My eyes trailed down to see stab wounds up and down her bare legs. Her face was pale now, so she must have been like that for quite a while, and her eyes were still open, dried tears that were trailed down both of her cheeks. The sight made me scream, and I screamed until my voice went raw.

But what made me feel physically sick, was how she was gently swaying back and forth. Her limp body just swaying in the air, while the rope creaked silently.

None of this was a suicide. That text was real.

I felt a big heave in my chest and a taste of bile. I fell to my knees and threw up on the floor in front of me.

She was dead. She was really dead.

As I began to sob once again, terror and grief overwhelming my weak body, my phone pinged again.

I yanked it out of my pocket to read what that sick person wanted to say.

Unknown : Turn yourself in to me, but if you don't, another one dies. One by one, everyday.

————————
Tanner

Monday: I was standing in the doorway of the room that (Y/N)'s older brother occupied, hands clasped behind my back, and waiting.

I ended up not following her all the way home yesterday, but today was the day Adam and I had planned for me to befriend her. This will make it easier to be close to her, drug her when she doesn't suspect it's me, and bring her to Adam.

Problem was, it's been four hours after the specific time that (Y/N) had told him she'd be here, last time they spoke.

Sighing, I gave up and decided to go see if any surgeons needed my assistance, or perhaps do private experiments in the back room. Plus, I think I was starting to look suspicious to some people, standing around the same room for hours.

I could always just meet her outside of this place. Wherever she may be.

*****

Three days later

(Y/N) was walking down the gravel path that led to the cemetery at a quick pace. I almost had to jog to keep up with her.

For the past few days, I've been following (Y/N) to this cemetery, and each time, the amount of friends that were with her narrowed down.

Adam had been quite frustrated about her absence at the hospital, but he had told me not to worry about it.

Although, due to my compulsiveness, I decided to follow her around. I wasn't even really curious about why she hadn't visited her brother, I just had the need to follow her.

The thought of killing her wasn't on my mind anymore. I just wanted to see her be afraid of me. After being all brave and heroic that night, I wanted to believe that she could stand up for herself against me, a man who murders helpless people, and Adam, the leader of Noir and someone who is looked up to by everyone in the Deep Web and Shadow Web.