Can I not be happy?

Hoseok's stares blankly at the floor as he waits patiently for the next customer to come at the cash counter. Once, he was done, he looked up at the lady for the payment, to only see the money get thrown at him. Biting his lips harshly, he tries not to cry.

"Hey!"

Hoseok looks at the person with this familiar voice. That's Taetae, he smiles faintly.

"Are you good?", Hoseok speaks

" Yes. Just wanted to tell you that I'll not make it to the park today, bye!"

Without letting the older say a few words, Taehyung rushes out.

It's been like four times in a row he said no to me. Not like, I don't expect rejections, but I just want him to stay near me. Either ways, he should do what makes him happy. I force him too much. He doesn't even want to hear me.

Hoseok tries to stop thinking much, to only see himself failing at the attempt. He doesn't know why, but he feels lonely without Taehyung. He's not sad, to be exact, but it just feels empty inside.

Wiping a tear with his sleeve, he smiles brightly at the little girl, who's been watching him for long enough to understand he isn't happy.

"I'm okay", he smiles and the girl smiles too

How he wishes he could really be happy.

__________________💜___________________