Chapter 13: The Plan

Earth
"So, here's the plan. When Marco wakes up, he should remember. In about 30 minutes we can wake him up. I projected every memory Star has of him into his brain, his own memories should fall into play and fill in the gaps between hers and his. It'll be like he's dreaming it, he can live through about 3 years of that time, in about 30 minutes in real time." Says Eclipsa.
"Now while that's happening, Star, I need to tell you something."
"Yes please. Uh.. Mr and Mrs.Diaz, can we get some alone time."
Angie pats Star on her cheek. "Yes honey, let us know if anything."
Angie and Raphael head up the stairs.

"So, you say someone mentioned king?" Asks Eclipsa
"Yes, some girl I've never seen before. She said  'He won't remember you Good luck making him king now'  something like that."
She says mocking the girls voice.

"Star, I think someone is after you now, and that may or may not be my fault."

"Your fault? How?"

"Well, a few days ago I called a royal meeting, I announced that I was stepping down.. and planning to leave the throne to you, on your uh.. 18th birthday."

"Wait What? Why? Mewni is just adjusting to you, and monsters need you!"

"No Star, monsters need you! They may love me, and Mewmans may be warming up to me, but most are still convinced that I only care about monsters because of my husband. And I don't want Meteora growing up in a position where she's hated."

"How would I make that any better?"

"Both monsters and MEWMANS love you, only you can piece the two together, plus there's no bias."

"But Eclipsa! I'm, I'm so young, would they even let me step in?"

"I cut a deal with the royal advisors and other kingdoms. That if you had a king to step up with you, they would allow it... and that's where Marco comes into play... I might have uh, implied that you already had a king to step up."

"Okay but who would be against it so much that they wipe his memory?"

"Well Star, I'm not sure, but once Marco wakes up we can try and piece together who is responsible for this."

"Do you really think I'm fit to be queen? I mean, I haven't even stepped in and people are already trying to ruin my chances." She says placing her hands over her face.
Eclipsa grabs Star by her wrist and pulls her hands away from her face.
"That's how I know you'll be fit, a true good queen always has its opposers, and considering everyone in the room who knew about this plan was royal, it may be because you'll be a strong queen. And it makes them look weaker."

"Yeah maybe you're right." Star says smiling "but Marco?"

"He'd make an equally excellent king."

"Even if he gets his memories back... what if he doesn't want to be king."

"Well Star,then I'll have no choice but to stay as queen. Until either he's ready, or Meteora is of age."