Chapter 22: I Play By The Rules

Recap: Marco and Star are officially married, their wedding went well, and the Evil Queen Slithera didn't Crash it. But all good things must come to and end.

Present time
"I Eclipsa Butterfly, am stepping down as Queen of Mewni."
Gasps fill the stadium of Butterfly Castle.
She waved her hands down "But wait wait. I'm leaving the throne to Star Butterfl-"

"Aat aat aat, not so fast." Slitera slowly commanded, her heels clicked at each footstep she took, making her way center stage.

Gasps filled the stadium once again.

1 day earlier ...
"Merry Christmas!" Star belted out. She was on top of Marco, standing up on her knees on the bed, bouncing them into the mattress.
"Huh?" He muttered groggily as he wiped the sleep out of his eyes.
"Marco Diaz, don't huh me! It's Christmas! Get up get up get uuuup!" She boomed.

One day away from being 18, she was much more mature than when she first came to earth, but not when it came to Christmas.
The Diaz family has taught her all the wonders of this festive earth holiday. It had a concept similar to Stump Day. But a more joyful tone.
Christmas's in California were never cold, but, every Christmas she spent on earth, she would cast a spell over the Diaz house, making snow rain down for the day.
She participated in gift giving, and movie watching, and catchy Christmas song singing. She loved it all, but her favorite part, had to be, watching Marco and his Family light up with joy, because honestly, the only person who loved Christmas more than Star, were the members of the Diaz family.

So naturally when she woke up, she couldn't contain her joy. Waiting a few minutes to see if her now husband would wake on his own. She laid next to him in their bed, her fist against her cheek, as her arm propped her up, counting down seconds. Until honestly, she was bursting with excitement. She had shook him awake.

"Yeahh mmmf Yeahh..go back to..."
His eyes went round, he sat up in the bed rapidly.
"Christmas!"

The two jolted from the bed, tripping over eachother as they raced eachother down the stairs.
They were met by Angie and Raph.
"Merry Christmas!" They beemed
"Or should we say, MARRY Christmas." Remarked Raphael, giving Marco a nudge on the shoulder.

The family all sat down on the floor around the tree. They exchanged gifts, and laughs, smiles, and hugs, even some tears.
Star casted her anual snow spell and her and her husband went outside to enjoy it.
They made snow angels, snow men,they had a snow ball fight. It was like they were kids again.

Marco loved watching his wife play in the snow. Tiny flakes falling in her hair, coating her eyelashes. Her cheeks and nose turning a red hue due to the cold.

It was probably the last time they would get to act like kids, considering Star's 18th birthday was tomorrow, and they were about to be one step further to being King and Queen of Mewni. They would have responsibilities, and have to be mature.
And that's why, they tried to enjoy every last moment of their freedom.

That night, they found various ways to warm up from their day in the artificially made snow. They shared a hot shower, enjoyed cups of hot chocolate, and some other activities that DEFINITELY warmed them up.

When they woke up, the thrill of Christmas was over, but a new thrill sprung upon them. Star was officially 18, and honestly it was bittersweet.

"Happy Birthday." He whispered against her lips as he greeted her with kisses.
He could feel her lips curl Into a smile in the kiss.
"Thank you." She said as she leaned into the kisses.
"Well, how does it feel?" He inquired
"Ah,well, the same, except you know..."
"Yeah, I know." He mumbled as he placed another kiss to her forehead.