Chapter 21: The wedding

"I think I'm ready. How do I look?" Asked Star as she walked back into the part of the dressing room where all her bridesmaids were seated.

 How do I look?" Asked Star as she walked back into the part of the dressing room where all her bridesmaids were seated

"STAR!!" They all cried out in unison

"Star, you look so beautiful!" Gushes Moon, tears forming in her eyes at the sight of her daughter, all grown up.

"See, hair down, told ya." Angie says with a tongue click and smile.

Star had a poofy white wedding dress with a strapless corset top. On top of her head was a small gold crown, with a loooong veil attached to it. Her makeup had been done, nothing to heavy, just some winged eyeliner and lipstick.

The music began to play, Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World".
Marco's eyes widen at the altar, and everyone stands.

I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

First comes out all of Stars bridesmaids, in pairs,they walk to the opposite end of the slyer from where Marco and his groomsmen were.

And clouds of white
The bright blessed day
The dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Then came out Meterora and Mariposa, stumbling down the aisle, tossing flowers from their baskets.

The colors of the rainbow
So pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces
Of people going by
I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"

And then
The music paused.

The room went silent, everyone turned their head to the entrance. She appeared, her arms linked to her parents, on both sides of her.
Marco gasped, the only sound that could be heard in the room at that moment.
The music proceeded

They're really saying
"I love you"

She began walking to the pace of the music, slowly.

I hear babies cry
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
Than I'll never know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

A few people visibly crying, including Marco, who's eyes now dripped with tears. She made her final steps and became face to face with him. The final notes of the song playing.

She looks up at him through the veil, which he removes

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Oh yeah

They're both tearing up now.
"Wow" he breathes out.
He looks deep Into her eyes, he thinks about their past present and future all in one moment, like he was Father Time himself. He felt their bond again, he could feel her, her thoughts, her love colliding with his.
He saw her as the most beautiful girl in the world, physically of course, but mentally, emotionally too. His best friend, now standing in front of him, with tears of the deepest romantic feelings in her eyes.