~A Second Chance~

(Chara POV)

I could feel my hate and LOV from inside of me. It's smaller than I remember. Now I could feel guilt and relief. Guilt of taking advantage of Frisk and relief for the fact that she found a way to end it.

Frisk.... Even after everything, she still considers me her friend. I don't understand. She knows that I could take advantage of her again, so why? Why does she insist on me staying with her. She trusted me once and now look at us, floating in an endless black void. The only thing I could see was Frisk's unresponsive body drifting beside me.

Just when I thought that this was it, that we would be here forever, Frisk's body started to glow a bright light. I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know anything. All I knew was that Frisk was slowly disappearing before my eyes. So I did what anyone would do: I panicked.

On instinct, my arms reached out to her, attempting to pull her closer to me. Then.... she was gone. She was gone and I was all alone again....  Was this my punishment? Would I have to stay in this void and wallow in self-pity forever? Too caught up in my own thoughts, I curled into a ball in an act of self comfort. Minutes passed before something finally happened. My eyes were shut tight so much that I almost didn't see a bright light engulf my being.  Almost

Next thing I knew, I opened my eyes and gasped in disbelief as I saw a clear blue sky. Something I hadn't seen in forever. I then realised what I was laying upon. A field of golden flowers surrounded me, reaching until the trees that prohibited me from seeing past them.

A raspy voice grabbed my attention.

"You're finally awake."

~

(Frisk POV)

The deed was done. Now the monsters could enjoy their lives like they always should. All I have to do now is figure out what will happen to both me and Chara.

I had no idea where I was. Everything was black and the only source of light was a glowing box. In front of me was a screen similar to the save and restart screens.However, this had a different question and different options.

<<Would You Like To Accept Your Punishment?>>

<Yes>      <No>

Many Questions filled my head.  How bad would the punishment be? Would we go to hell? does hell even exist? What would happen if I picked 'no'? Would me and Chara be banished to the void wth no way of getting out? Was I in the void right now?  The questions were endless.

We committed genocide so why am I given an option? Surely punishment is a no brainer.

With that thought in mind, I chose what I thought was the right option.

<<Would You Like To Accept Your Punishment?>>

[<Yes>]     <No>

As I clicked 'yes', the endless void glowed a bright white and the screen displayed a new message.

<<You Have Chosen The Option 'Second Chance'! Check your 'Item' Storage For Your Basic needs. I Wish you luck for the future.>>

~

When the light died down, I cautiously opened my eyes before hurriedly closing them again. From what I could clearly see, we were on the surface, a place I had missed very much.