~It's decided. We'll be heroes!~

(3rd POV)

Both heroes shook their heads, snapping out of their dazed state and approached the two hugging kids. The insomniac was quick to separate them and start asking the smaller child some questions.
"Where are your parents?" He got no response
"What's your name?" No response
"How old are you?" No response
"Answer The Questions Kid!" This time he got a response, but it was only the boy tearing up and about to sob uncontrollably. He sighed in annoyance.

Chara then pointed at something in the kid's ear and Frisk put two and two together. She tugged at the sleeve of the impatient pro which caused him to look down at her with growing annoyance.
"Let the pros do their work-" "May I try?" Frisk requested, gesturing towards the oblivious kid. He winced at the sound of her voice as it was so dry and raspy.

Wanting to see what more this little girl could possibly do, he nodded. After getting confirmation, she once again knelt down before the kid and started doing some hand signs, to which he responded with more hand signs. It was then that the impatient pro noticed the hearing aid that sat in the kid's ear. He grew less annoyed at the information, his partner walked towards them after shooing away the crowd.

"His name's Ren Sora (Last name then First) and he's 9 years old. You should be able to find his parents in the nearby mall." She coughed harshly as she slowly stood and stalked towards the still waiting golden flower.
The three Japanese boys + ghost watched as she pet the dog-like flower and whispered something under her breath. Whatever it was that she said clearly did the trick, as the flower shrunk down back to its passive form: a normal golden flower.

Without even looking back, the bland girl walked away in hopes of finding the building they were staying at. The banana and insomniac only watched as she disappeared from their view.
"Who was that!"The banana exclaimed, his question causing the insomniac to deadpan. "I-  I didn't ask the kid for her name...." While the two were trying to wrap their heads around the fact that a child out-bested  them, they barely noticed the deaf child reuniting with his parents.
"We don't discuss this, alright?" Insomniac breathed out. "No promises" is what he got in return.

"Yeah, I'm taking night patrols now. Too much happens in the day"

~

"You Looked So Cool!! You did a way better job than those supposed heroes!" Chara ranted as Frisk drank the water he gave her. He claims he paid for it but she doubted it. After all, he's still a ghost. However, it had been a few hours since the flower incident so the drink was appreciated.
The reason they haven't found their destination yet is because along the way of their search, the two had stumbled upon an alleyway that housed many strays. Beasts have always been friendly with the two humans and the cats were no exception, practically forcing them to play and somewhat train them. Now when one of the two whistle at a specific tone, the cats'll come running.

Anyways, back on track, he continued to chat and she listened, until they came upon the HoneyComb Inn/Apartment. They entered and Frisk briefly glanced at the clock. It was 10:34pm.
She made a beeline towards the receptionist while Chara decided to look around.

It was a fairly nice building that had a nice atmosphere. The building was split in half. One half was the inn while the other was an apartment complex. In the lobby, there were couches, tables and two TVs. It looked as if people normally lounge around there during the day.

The receptionist noticed the girl and looked at her expectantly. At the same time, Chara saw a certain insomniac walk through the entrance doors and lay his eyes on the girl at the front desk.
She handed the key over to the lady and let her inspect it.
"Ah, this key was reserved just this morning. Room 402, yes? What's your name?" When the lady received a small whisper, she smiled and whispered a question. When she got her answer, the receptionist smiled sympathetically and gave her directions. Frisk bowed respectfully and started to walk off. Before she walked through, she turned her head, looked at Chara and tilted her head, silently telling him to follow her, which he did.
Insomniac noticed this and tried finding what she was looking at. When he found nothing there, he looked back only to find the girl gone.

Sighing for the 17th time that day, he walked towards the receptionist.
"Aizawa-san, welcome back! What do you need now." Her tone went from welcoming to annoyed fast.
"Who was that. I've never seen her before today" "Well, all I know is that her name's Frisk and she's your new neighbour." New neighbour? Why hadn't he heard of this sooner?
Noticing his confusion, she added "The room was only reserved this morning. No furniture came in so 'm not sure how she's gonna manage alone." This only caused more confusion and some suspicion.
"Parents?" "She told me that they're far away and that she was given permission to live alone." Now that was somewhat understandable, but she was still young.

Knowing he probably wasn't going to get anything else, he scoffed and walked away, towards his own room: 403.

(Frisk POV)

Chara and I have made it to our apartment and it's surprisingly big. The system really outdid themselves.
It had 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a kitchen, a living room and a balcony gave a perfect view of the city below. It even had sound proof walls! Chara said they were perfect for covering screams so they must be really good.
After discussing with Chara, we decided that we share a bedroom and get one other bedroom to do whatever we want with it. We found out that the system had given us the objects that we had owned in the Underground in our dimensional boxes, including my special stick! I also found objects such as Papy's scarf, one of Undyne's spears, one of Asgore's tridents, and even a sharp, broken bone with a blue aura surrounding it. I have everything I need in my boxes but Chara wont show me what he has in his. The only hint he gave was 'your soul should remain pure' and followed up with a smirk.

Deciding to decorate the next day, we sat down on the plain floor after and brainstormed ideas on what the system wanted us to do in this world.
"Maybe they want us to start a business? Oh oh! what if they want us to become villains!! Wait! Even better! What if they want us to commit more mass genocide!! Yeah let's do that!! We could rule this weak world!!" there he was, the sadistic Chara.
"Chara...." he quietened down, allowing me to speak. "Can we become heroes? I really want to help more people and I don't want to heavily injure anyone else..." I looked down at my lap, waiting to be let down. His silence only fuelled my doubt and caused me to look up at him. What I wasn't expecting was to be greeted with a big, genuine smile.
"If that's what you want then let's do it! I'll help make you the best hero ever!"
His response made me smile brightly as we high-fived.
"No killing though, alright? I don't want any more blood on your hands. If you do, I'll be very disappointed." Chara nodded slowly even though they both knew it was a lie.

"By the way, I'm planning on going to the save point every day at around 7pm and come back by 9pm. I'll probably meditate. While I do that, you can do whatever you want. You could even head out and explore! Is that alright?"
"Only if we get to spar everyday. Weapons allowed. Deal?"
"Deal!"

~1 month later~

(3rd POV)

"Tsukauchi-san, do you think you can check something out for me? You're the only detective left in the building." Tsukauchi nodded at the request and told him to continue.
"We've got a number concerned calls about a little girl. The calls claim that every few days, the girl would have a few more bruises or cuts. I sent two men to check it out and they didn't return. That was 5 days ago. Yesterday, their cut up bodies were found in an alleyway nearby the home of the girl. Security footage shows that the cops did in fact make it to the apartment room but once they knocked on the door, they were pulled inside instantly. A suspicion has turned into a serious matter so I want you to be careful. It's 8:46 so some heroes should be starting their night patrols. Ask one to accompany you just for safety." The detective nodded and left the room, file in hand.

*STARTING A NEW CASE FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo! I feel dead. Writing this is just as hard as reading it. No joke, my fingers are twitching because of me cringing so much. Someone help me end my misery T-T. I still have no idea where this is gonna go and that's not a good thing. Next thing we know, Frisk's gonna die.......Wait..............

Anyhoo! I hope y'all are doing great today and if you're having a bad day/night, just remember that good and bad will almost always balance out.   Bai Bai~