Prologue: Welcome to Despair

I look down at the letter in my hand. 'Congratulations! Through great consideration, you have been chosen to attend Hopes Peak highschool as the Ultimate Weeb. Included is an orientation guide for Hopes Peak Academy.' I didn't know they would consider that as a talent. Though, this does give me a reason to brag to everyone. After all the years of being made fun of and being told to 'grow up'. I'm accepted to the school where only the most elite of the elite can attend. Shows them. 

I go downstairs to show my parent's to show them that being a cultured person wasn't a waste of my life. 

"WHAT!?! Your worthless hobby got you into an elite school?! And in Japan no less. I guess you must be really happy about that part. Listen I'm proud, but while you're there try not to get on anyone's bad side. Unlike you, these people will have genuine talents." My dad says, holding the letter with a surprised look on his face. 

"Yeah, yeah whatever. You're just mad that this means I don't have to change my ways." I reply.

"Keep talking like that and I have no idea how you'll even get to Japan."

"Fine." 

And so here we are. Standing outside of Hopes Peak Academy. Bag in hand and Akatsuki cloak on. This school shall know pain. And that's when I passed out. Soon waking up on a random desk. Not the weirdest thing to ever happen to me. 

I look around the room slightly confused. It looks like we're completely cut off from the outside world, so kinda like my old room. Overall seems pretty normal so far, very colorful. I look at the pan-flit next to me and it says to meet at the gym at 8:00. I look up at the clock and see it's 7:59. Shit. I can't decide on whether to Naruto run, or Devilman Crybaby run, but considering my attire, it would make more sense to do the former. That being said I sprit full speed towards wherever life takes me, hopefully, that place is the gym. 

I finally make it somewhere that looks like a gym. It had a case of trophies and such and two doors. I decide to just go in because I didn't want to be later than I already was. I went in and nobody else seemed to be there. I waited a while until I heard an announcement. 

"Ahh, to all incoming students! I would like to begin the entrance ceremony at...right now! Please make your way to the gymnasium at your earliest convenience...That's all. I'll be waiting!"

I guess that means everyone else was somewhere else, which means I'm the only one who really found the gymnasium. Good on me. 

I soon hear the door open and close and turn around to look who it is. 

"Yo, so you're a student here too? Cool. I'm y/n." I say to a boy who looked like the embodiment of a rich kid. If that's his talent I'm gonna laugh, and not just a chuckle, I will freaking fall to the floor. 

"I'd ask who you are but, as you just introduced yourself, I don't see the need. Why weren't you in the entrance hall?" He replies. Well, that's a stupid question.

"Because the flyer thing said to come to the gym." 

"I suppose your right." He says walking towards a different part of the gym. 

"Sure, don't tell me your name, see if I care," I say overly loud. 

"If you must know, I'm Byakuya Togami Ultimate Affluent Progeny and heir to the Togami name." He replies clearly annoyed. 

I burst out laughing. 

"What, exactly, is so funny?" He asks.

"What a long and complicated way to say that you're just the Ultimate rich kid, but kudos to you for your amazing talent!" I say still laughing but getting up so I'm not still on the floor.