jughead without a cause

blah blah blah, just think this
is a sad poem and you cried
-someone
•—————♥—————•
after that storm, jughead decided to try and figure out if he really liked Juliet, if he really liked her as a friend or more but a whole week with his thoughts alone led him to nothing. so he decided to go to the next solution, his best friend.

hands in his very expensive coat pockets, he walks in toni topaz's enigmatic apartment. he's never seen it before and he always thought that it would look like the bat-cave but to his surprise, it kinda looked like Sherlock Holmes apartment.

chairs to the right with the fireplace at the side, vintage wallpaper decorated the walls while Christmas lights hung on all of them. flowers and plants that made the house look like a forest and a out-of-place table was placed on the middle of it.

it looked... gorgeous, enchanting even. when admiring the home, he didn't even realize Toni had walked in front of him. "what are you doing here, Jones?" she asked "i need to talk to you" he took of his coat and hung it on the coat racket he didn't see until now.

"did you kill someone? i swear to-" she started rambling but was interrupted by jughead going past her and sitting on the couch. "how long was i drunk? i mean- how long was i drinking bottles to the max when melody broke up with me?"

Toni didn't expect him asking about Melody since she never even knew her. she walked over to the chair that was facing him and sat on it. "here's the thing, you weren't drinking to the max, i switched them all with Sprite, dumbass!" she exclaimed  when she thought he knew.

but of course, he didn't. he thought he was drunk all day and night. "wait- what? i wasn't even drunk at all? i was sober?" he stood up from the chair but Toni gestured him to sit again which he did.

"i mean the first night without Melody really struck you but like the next two days, you were stone cold sober" she leaned back in her seat and watched jug unravel his hidden memories. "wait, two days? i thought it was a year ago!" he shouted through the quiet room

"no, it was 3 months ago- wait i get it now." jughead was still confused and had all of these questions "but i thought that was beer, how did i not know it was beer?" Toni hummed which was her way of saying "stop talking"

"it was Sprite and you were dumb and thought "oh wow, this beverage tastes like alcohol" even if it wasn't!" Toni sighed before continuing "you just wanted to destroy your life so Melody could come back, luckily she didn't and your life is happier than it could ever be"

"so, after all this time. i was sober, stone cold sober. i wasn't drinking alcohol, i was drinkin Sprite? how am i this dumb?!" he stood up and walked to his coat, deciding to leave as he got his answer. Toni walked over to him as he struggles to put on his coat because he was doing too fast "you are Jughead Jones after all, you're dumb" she pats him on the back and goes somewhere.

he finally leaves the home even though it looked like heaven. he got his answer, he was dumb and wanted Melody back. big deal, now he's kinda smart and liked Juliet, he really did.

he smiled at the thought of Juliet even though her name wasn't Juliet at all but he didn't know that yet. and that would be the downfall of everything.
•—————♥—————•
612 words

you know that i had this drafted for like a month because i wanted to continue but like idc anymore lmao