Chapter 1 - Crimson Night

"Haaaaaaah"

I left out a long sigh.

When do my actions were going to be properly rewarded?

I thought this adventure would give me some romance by this time now specially after this I think I might change my point of view of the other girls.

We defeated Sylvia, the chimera demon king general.

We had a hard time due to her being resistant to magic so we decided to use a secret weapon the crimson demons have.

It's only a one shot but we successfully took her down.

Or atleast we thought.

She returned again and we had to take her down a second time, this time I sacrificed myself to kill her.

Now I've been recently revived by Aqua and were back on Megumin's parents'house.

As usual the madam force me and her to sleep in the same room together.

At first Megumin refused but when her mother was about to cast a spell on her she decided to let me join her.

Right now I am lying next to her, can't sleep.

"Oh, you're also still awake huh?"

"Yeah, how about you?"

"I was about to fall asleep but I heard you sighed deeply and loudly so I woke up."

"I am sorry."

"It's fine Kazuma, anyway if there's anything going on your mind you can share it with me."

"There's nothing actually, I really just can't fall asleep."

"It's really hard to fall asleep when you think about something, come on spill it out."

"I said I am not thinking about anything."

"Fine."

She turned her back to me.

"You should know, I couldn't fall asleep because I am thinking of you."

What did she say?

"What did you say Megumin?"

"Nothing, 'sighs' I said I couldn't fall asleep cause of you, you died again and it's all my fault, if earlier when I got a chance to kill Sylvia, I should've save you before you got taken by her, maybe I wasn't a good mage for you, maybe I wasn't even needed for this party anymore."

I could hear her starting to cry.

"If you think about it, I should've left you when we started adventuring but I didn't did I right?"

She stopped.

"When you said you could only use explosion and I even said that our party wasn't even strong enough to have you."

She faces me again.

She's crying on her face, she's looks cute though.

I put my hands on her cheeks, wiping her tears off.

"If you think I needed someone better than you, I should've left you, but I didn't, cause for me there's no one greater than you Megumin."

"Ka.kazuma."

She moved her face close to mine.

"Kazuma, I love you."

Is this my chance?

Thinking about it, Megumin was the only one who cared about me the most.

Maybe I should reply something to her.

"Megumin, I love you too."

God, why out of anything, the most cliché thing is what I said.

She closed her eyes and I went closer to her face.

As I went closer, I felt her moving close as well.

She kissed me while I kissed her.

We kissed for about a minute and then we let go of each other

"Kazuma."

"Megumin, I didn't know you have feelings for me."

"Same here, are you sure you aren't playing with my feelings?"

"Geez Kazuma how could you still be rude to a girl that confessed to you after you confessed to her?'

"Sorry, it's because of the orcs and Sylvia, I thought you're playing a prank on me since I am mentally scared about them."

"Well it's fine, I don't think I could even confess to you since you were willing to to give Yunyun a baby, I thought you were just a sex maniac and doesn't even career for anyone on the party."

"Hey!"

"Hehe, that's why I fell in love with you, you're reaction after I teased you were funny."

"Oh come on."

"Anyway what's our current relationship now?"

"I don't know, we weren't dating yet and yet we already had our first kiss "

"Yeah the  we are a couple then."

"Let's keep that a secret from the other two."

"Why?"

"Well Aqua already gave me a scummy name and Darkness might give perverted thoughts about us."

"Fine but since I am now your girlfriend please stop  calling me a loli."

"Okay I can't reject my girlfriend anyway."

She kissed me on my cheeks.

"Well let's sleep unless you're expecting something else?"

"Nah, I don't want to advance to that quickly."

"Alright, let's sleep, you could use my pillow,  I'll just have to use you."

She gave me her pillow and I put it on my head.

I gave my arm to her she laid her head in it.

She hugged me but I couldn't hug her back  cause of  my arm.

Just as we were about to fall asleep.

Somebody fell near the door and it's the sound of someone tripping.

Megumin's door then opened, revealing her mother with a knocked out Yunyun on the floor.

"Mom, Yunyun you knew!?"

"Heh, Megumin."