Chapter 8 - Break Up

Darkness's pov

I'm carrying the wounded body of Kazuma as we ran away from the creature.

It was using some kind of explosion magic and Kazuma took the shot straight.

I don't know how but the creature seems to target Kazuma instead of me even though I'm using my decoy skills.

As we finally lost it, I brought Kazuma back to Megumin's house.

Megumin was outside playing with her sister when she saw us she quickly ran inside.

Maybe she called Aqua.

Aqua came out along with Chris and Yunyun, they must've went here after we ran into them.

"Darkness what happened?"

"I don't know, something came out near the lovers hill and attack us, I tried diverting its attack to me but it targets Kazuma without hesitation."

"Wait, did it attack Kazuma with explosions?"

"Yes."

"My gosh, Aqua heal Kazuma quickly! I don't know how did Kazuma survived being blasted but thankfully he did."

Aqua took Kazuma inside the house and started healing him.

"Megumin you know something about the creature that attacked us?"

"Yes, if I know correctly base on rumors it specifically attacks people with black or brown hairs, and avoided attacking those with blonde hairs and crimson eyes, it's the Bomber Majin Moguninnin."

"Wait Megumin you aren't specifically talking about that right?" Yunyun asked.

Megumin just fell silent to Yunyun's questions and then she faced me

"Darkness pack your bags, we need to get Kazuma out of here fast."

Megumin's pov
Next day

Kazuma was healed by Aqua but he's still unconscious.

It's revealed that he suffered shocks on his head but he didn't die that's why he's still under coma.

I was looking after him in his room in Axel and Darkness came inside.

"Oh Megumin."

"Darkness, is something wrong?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to see Kazuma."

She then came to Kazuma's bedside and held his hand.

I noticed she started crying on him.

"It's my fault, this is all my fault, I am really sorry."

"Hey Darkness I don't blame you for anything just calm down, I am fine about what happened cause luckily Kazuma survived and I don't blame anyone here."

Darkness didn't paid attention to what I said and continued to cry on Kazuma's hand.

She then looked at him directly at his face while crying.

"I am sorry Megumin, I almost took your Kazuma away."

"Hey I told you it's fine, he's still alive right plus we're both sharing him so don't make it look like I am his only lover."

"I should've broke up with him, Megumin, I shouldn't have let him brought me on a date during that day."

Wait during the night that Darkness cried, is she planning on breaking up with Kazuma?

I pulled her up and brought her surprised crying face to the corner of the room.

"What did you say? You're breaking up with him?"