Chapter 1-Meet Pearl

*NOTE: this is an human-ish AU. The Crystal Gems was a ragtag group of Robin Hoods.  Garnet was a Crystal Gem but left after receiving a scholarship from Sugilite. Pearl and Amethyst don't really remember Garnet.*
*****************
It was a busy day in large Beach City. Everyone was hurrying to work. Among them was a woman named Pearl. She was different than most women. One thing was that she was tall and thin, with lanky limbs and bony fingers and bony wrists. Regardless, she managed to look elegant, graceful and beautiful. Another thing was her work uniform consisted of a periwinkle leotard and a light rosy skirt. She also wore satin ballet slippers on her feet. But one thing stood out like a red tulip in a field of yellow tulips. She had a Pearl tattooed on her forehead. She was a Crystal Gem. Back in the day, she, along with her friend Amythest were a couple of Robin Hoods, taking from the wealthy and giving to the poor. They then disbanded when everyone was financially stable. Amythest became a donut shop CEO and Pearl had become a ballet teacher for young girls. As Pearl walked into the studio, she went up to Opal, the other teacher.

"Hello Pearl! You are early," Opal said, watching the woman sit down her bag. Opal was also a tall, graceful woman with light blond hair and wide blue eyes. She was quiet and gentle but was very forgetful.

"I had to come so I could get the last of the costumes sewn up," Pearl explained, pulling out a sewing kit.

"Good. By the way, Sugilite's gym got a new boxer," said Opal.

"Another one? That's 2 this month!" Pearl exclaimed, looking over at the gym. For as long as Pearl was in this city, Sugilite, the owner of Jewel Gym was rivals with Opal, the owner of Sparkling Ballet. The two had a rivalry going since high school it seemed. Pearl stared out the window at the gym. Sugilite, the own of the gym, who was a tall African American woman with a muscular body and wild violet-black hair, was talking to someone. She couldn't see them, because Sugilite's large figure was in the way. She kept staring as Opal stood by her and watched as well. Once Sugilite moved, they saw the person. She was also tall and muscular, with dark skin and a thick black Afro. She wore shades and she also wore a red tank top and black sweatpants.

"That's the new boxer? She looks promising," Opal said.

"She looks so strong!" Pearl gushed. The boxer looked up and noticed Pearl, staring right at her. She blushed, staring back until she blinked. The boxer was gone.

"Hey, Pearl! You should finish these outfits," Opal called.

"Coming!" She said, going to her bag. That boxer was so...amazing! So handsome and strong... She could feel a crush growing.