kageyama - never yours in the first place

Kageyama never thought he would fall in love. Having to balance volleyball and his already poor grades, Kageyama thought that the day would never come, until he met you.

"H-hello everyone!" A [H/C] haired girl bowed, she was standing behind Kiyoko and Yachi.
"I'm Y-Y/N !" She stuttered, head still looking at the ground. "She's here to try out for the manager position." Kiyoko stated, before walking over to Daichi and Suga and whispering something into their ears.
"OOO A NEW MANAGER? AND SHE'S CUTE TOO?!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shouted,going on their knees in front of Y/N.
As Y/N looked up, I took a moment to look at her features. She's beautiful..I found myself staring at her too long as she ended up blushing and hiding behind Yachi.

"Okay Y/N do you know anything about volleyball" Daichi suddenly spoke up. She nodded, holding onto Yachi.
"Hey..I saw you from that one time!" Hinata suddenly popped out in front of me, causing me to lose balance and fall to the ground.
"BOKE HINATA BOKE!" I shouted, rubbing my head as I stood back up. When I was back on my feet, I looked back at Y/N and caught her giggling. "O-oi what are you laughing at.." I muttered, not wanting to scare the girl. She froze and smiled at me before apologising.
"Uh-uhm..Where did you see me..?" Y/N asked, with a confused look.

"You were playing in the girls teams for Shiratorizawa!"

Huh.

Wait.

What?

Everyone froze as Y/N akwardly smiled. "Haha..that's me" Why was she here then? Why not apply for the Karasuno girls team?
"I transferred here because my parents changed work places" She said.

"So you can play volleyball?" I caught myself asking. Dammit I wasn't supposed to say that, of course she can play volleyball! She nodded slightly.
"Hey! Your a spiker right? Can I see you spike?!" Hinata suddenly asked. Y/N looked at him blankly. "Pretty please? With a cherry on top!" Y/N thought for a while before nodding. She asked for permission to use their gym before heading towards the bunch of volleyballs (idk what their called pls forgive me jsjdjs) She asked if anyone could set for her. Hearing this, I immediately took the opportunity to see how good she was and to practice. "I can" She looked at me and nodded before throwing the volleyball to me. I tossed to ball up in the air and set it as she ran and spiked it. As the ball made contact with the floor, a loud noise could be heard. Everyone stopped in shock and looked at her. She was absolutely amazing and theres no doubt, she's exactly like Ushijima. Clapping sounds snapped me out of my thoughts as I heard Hinata clapping and cheering. Hearing that, Nishinoya and Tanaka also started to clap, shouting how amazing she was. I walked up to her and muttered "Uhm..you're..really amazing" She turned to me and smiled, causing me to blush. Dammit, am I falling in love?

It was the end of practice and everyone was exhausted. Daichi ended up accepting Y/N as our third manager. Today, I also got to learn more about Y/N and for some reason, I think..I love her.

As she finished keeping the volleyballs and dusting the floor, she head out. I realised this and quickly stopped her before she could leave.
"Hey Y/N, let m-me walk you home." I stuttered, which I never do. She nodded and we walked towards the gate together. As we got closer, I suddenly saw Ushijima standing at the gate patiently, almost like he was waiting for someone.

"Ushijima?" Y/N asked, catching his attention.
"Y/N, you're finally here." Y/N left my side and ran towards him and hugged him as he hugged back, pulling her closer. I felt a feeling in my chest, as I clutched it. I took a deep breath before walking towards them.
"Oh Kageyama. Thank you for walking my girlfriend out." Girlfriend? What? I stared blankly at him as he took her hand and bowed before kissing her on the forehead. I looked at Y/N flustered as she looked away. She thanked me before they walked off, hand in hand.

I stood there, blankly as the pain in my chest increased. I wanted you, I needed you. But..I was never yours in the first place.
-
Hello! Author-chan here! Sorry if its bad this is my first angst, hope you like it!