prologue

Harry's POV

I stride into the colorful nightclub, the path lined with colorful palm tree lights. I can feel eyes on me and some whispers as I walk through the door, the pumping bass of the music filling my eardrums.

"It's him, isn't it?"

"Is that Harry Styles?"

It's impossible not to pay attention to the whispers, but only one thing runs through my mind. Or rather, one person.

It's quite lively in here — I can tell it's her taste entirely, with all the bright colors. There's a dancefloor in the center of the room, already filled with bodies dancing.

She's always been the most vibrant person I know.

I reach the bar, my eyes scanning the room, not quite finding what I'm looking for as yet. Is she even here? Will she turn me away? It's been so long since I've seen her, since I've heard her voice, since I've touched her.

A young woman suddenly approaches me from behind the bar, disrupting my thoughts. She looks a few years younger than me. "Harry Styles, wow," she breathes. Her eyes are wide. "Um, w-what can I get you?"

I flash a smile. "Is the owner in?" I ask, leaning against the counter. The young woman's eyes further widen and she nods.

"Um, yes, I can go get her right now!" She says, scurrying off to the side and towards a doorway in the back. My eyes follow her, trained on the doorway, until I see a familiar head of hair poke through.

My heart stops entirely when she turns her head towards me, our eyes meeting. I can see the vibrance in her beautiful, molten honey colored eyes as they stare up at me in shock, then ever so slightly, shakes her head. Almost as if she was clearing her thoughts. She keeps her eyes on me and I'm reminded of how much brilliance those eyes of hers hold.

Only now, her gaze is not filled with light; her eyes are hard and glaring, and I'm at fault. My heart plummets and sinks in my chest but I force a smile on the outside as she finally steps around the bar.

Her pink, full lips are in a frown and I want so badly to kiss that frown off her face. She cut her hair, it's at her shoulders now, framing her face so elegantly. My breath nearly hitches when I see the pronged sun and moon necklace around her neck — my sun and moon. I watch as she crosses her arms, not coming close to the counter's edge.

"Aurelia..." I say with a forced smirk. I watch as her eyes slightly dilate at the sound of my voice. I love saying her name and I know she always loved hearing it. "Could I please get a whiskey neat?"

My muse...even now. I've written an entire album inspired by this woman. This same woman consumes my dreams and every waking moment of my thoughts since the day we've met.

She is my muse.

My heart quickens with hope when I see the goosebumps rise on her soft skin at my words. Even after all this time.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
just wanted to say if anyone new is here, this is a sequel! the first book is Golden, then you can come back to this!!! :)