3. Roomies.

After starring at each other for what seemed a long time, the boys broke eye contact and tried to act out their nerves. Gulf almost immediately regained his composure while mew froze again.. He had so much to say to Gulf. He wanted to hug the boy, kiss him and tell him how stupid he was then, how much he missed him and how he dreamed of him for the last 365 days.. He couldn't though because once again Gulf was faster to react. He then said :
'well... This should be fun'  then he chuckled and carried on with putting the bag full of cans away.
This time, Mew wouldn't just stay there like a puppet, he planned to talk to gulf and he thought to say something smart but all he can think about was what Gulf said earlier about Earth. He wanted to clear the air first so without too much thinking he said :
"he' s not mine."
Gulf then turned around and obviously confused asked
"who? Am I missing something here?"
Mew realised  he didn t give too much thought to what he said so he detailed
"Earth I mean. You said I was doing good and that he's cute. I m saying he's not mine soo.."
"so can I have him then? Is that what you're saying? Should we share now Mew?So we've reached that point huh?"
Gulf's words were cutting deep. Mew was thinking he had enough of Gulf's cheekiness and before realising his body made the first move cutting the distance between them and grabbing Gulf's wrist. He starred again into those cold eyes like trying to find a trace of his beloved but there was none.
Gulf tried to shake him off but couldn't so he stayed there waiting for what was coming.
Mew then proceeded saying something he wouldn't expect
"I missed you, love.." tears forming in his eyes
Gulf was perplexed. He didn't expect this to come from Mew, the one who broke him that bad a year ago. He didn't want to fall for his dirty tricks again so he firmly said "let go, Mew."
When gazing at him, Mew felt his heart sink with pain, Gulf was glaring at him now. He released the boy's hand and said in a warm tone
"please, just listen to me. I need to explain something to you. I do love you, I loved you before too. I was stupid, I made a mistake, I.. I..." tears started falling from his eyes... "please, gulf just listen to me.. I Don t know why, but look at us now.. I looked everywhere for you every single day and couldn't find you, and now you re in the same uni, in the same room as me, and.... What, should I not think this is fate?!
Babe, listen, please, just give me a chance.. I need to tell you why... "
Gulf's face changed from anger to sorrow. Now, all those painful memories came back to him, and he could feel his feet starting to give out..he couldn't look at Mew because he knew that if he looked up at him, he will lose himself..
He just wanted to not love this guy that broke him that bad.. But Gulf wasn't the old puppy like kid like last year, he now had some experience with people of all kinds so he mustered some courage to look at mew and said :
"Mew, it doesn't matter now. We both moved on. We are rookies, I don't know if I can be your friend yet, but... I Don t hate you anymore. It s true that you broke my heart and it was my first time loving someone other than my family. Pff I was so dumb i thought you loved me back then you know.. I thought we'll be together for ever like in fairy tales.. But then one day reality kicked me, and it kicked so hard that made me leave far away on another continent so I could breath, Mew.. I can't give you another chance, and it's not because I Don t want too, but things are different now. You don't love me Mew, you love the Gulf you used to know maybe.. "
Mew couldn't say anything anymore. He stood there looking at Gulf.. Was Gulf right? Did he only loved the idea of his old Gulf? Noo, it couldn t be, he loved even the air that the boy breathed so he couldn't be confused, plus... He saw something in Gulf's eyes now when the boy spoke. He saw him being still hurt. He knew Gulf the best, he knew it was hard for him too but he had build some high walls all around his heart so Mew had to bring those walls down. But to do that he had to be pacient, to take them down brick by brick and to finally see Gulf s beautiful smile again.
After their talk, Gulf went to lay on his bed, playing on his phone while Mew did the same after talking a shower. He decided that he'll start approaching Gulf as friends for now, keeping the boy close so that no one would dare to steal what's his.
He was thinking about how to start a conversation when he heard Gulf curse and smack his phone to the pillow. He knew what that was. He let out a small chuckle and said :
"did you died?"
Gulf was a hot-headed player so Mew knew best his gaming temper
"yeah, shit, that idiot just passed by me, and then when I toughy he s going for another one he just turned around and killed me! How the fuck is this even fair?!"
Mew was smiling, seeing a glimpse of their old days.. Before saying something, he was surprised once again by Gulf. The boy stood up and headed to his bed saying while placing himself next to Mew:
" look, I can t even pass this quest, they keep coming at me in pairs and I m all alone"
I don't think he realised it either but he whined like a little kid. This was Gulf, Mew's Gulf, without his body armor and highcastle walls. Mew on the other hand noticed but kept silent because he knew the boy will bounce back to his previous state if he pointed something out or teased him. He had to do something to have him like this for a little while so... He then took the only option available..
"why Don t we pair up and then kill all those guys so you could finish the quest?
Still focused on the quest, gulf accepted immediately, still not realising where he was and how Mew's breath almost reached his neck while getting close to see what s the account name.
After a hot headed game session Gulf's eyes were slowly closing, unconsciously leaning towards Mew, searching some body warm to sleep soundly.
Upon seeing him, Mew's breathing hitched, feeling the warm wave passing trough him from his heart to his tummy and back to his cheeks. When Gulf leaned on him, his first instinct was to hug the boy, he just wanted to embrace his loved on ad to squeeze him so hard until they become one. The boy fitted so well in his embrace, just like how 2 puzzle pieces fit each other. He didn t do it though. He knew that if he forced his way in he would be shut down so he went to poke gulf s cheeks awake so that he could move to his bed.. While stroking gently some strainds of hair that covered his eyes and gently rubbing his cheek, he looked at Gulf's lips.. He actually lost it for a moment.. Those lips were so inviting, they were full plumped, almost reddish, almond shaped and slightly parted. They were perfect. Mew actually gulped upon starring at the boy's mouth, desire and affection showing all over his face. Gulf saw it too. He opened his eyes, and surprise was all over his face when he encountered Mew's face full of love against his. He didn't pull back tho, he stood there accepting Mew's gentle caress, slowly closing his eyes and then he was reminded that he was on Mew's bed. He stood up straight, looking away, ears full red.. He then muttered a little "sorry, I ll sleep now. Good night" and jumped in his bed, pulling his duvet all over his head, trying somehow to hide his rather big body.
Mew didn't say anything, he looked at his big baby, smiled wide and then turned his bed light off closing his eyes. He thought to himself "we're one step closer now.."
While Gulf cursed at himself under his duvet "how could you be this stupid? You felt so relaxed with him that fell asleep on him? Wtf Gulf?! Are you an idiot? Did you forget everything now? You loose yourself in a game and climb his bed for fuck's sake man.! I need to avoid Mew or I Don t know how I'll manage to keep my composure.. Sleep for now you big idiot!"
Both of them slept with their thoughts still running through their heads and wondering how tomorrow will be.. They had to start classes now, and maybe they will be apart so they'll only see each other at night... Or not?