𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"WHY ARE YOU TELLING US THIS NOW?"

All of the resuming heroes are continuing and trying to read the ancient books left by the celestial figures at Tony's lab, the Avengers picked up strange phenomena's in different areas that they had to deploy and left the chosen vessels and others to solve it on their own... fast.

Seiko asked, as the Young Avengers looked at the leaders of each team who unanimously voted for Nike to be the next leader.

Rose Maximoff, Brandon Fury, Damian Wayne, Beast Boy and Jason Todd. They all looked at each other and gave their own sympathetic smile.

"Well... it won't be long that one of you will need to take the position... being a hero isn't easy." Rose said. "But, you guys being our leader, you guys made it look easy." Miko said that made the youngsters agree and Beast Boy shook his head at this.

Adrian groan and had to rub his aching temple. "How does Zatana and Wiccan handle reading backwards- I can't even understand what I'm reading without taking note of it!" Speed rolled his eyes at his merman's brother complain and just try to read the book he's holding.

"What... is being a leader like exactly...?" Theo asked as Speed glance at the current and previous leaders who all stopped what they're doing. Adrian and Speed looked at one another and sadly look at Rose whose slightly frowning.

Jason frown and glance at the teenagers & youngsters, "I was younger than you are now. When I was given my first command..."

Rose sadly glance at Jason who she well know is frowning behind his mask as Arsenal gently clench his hand on Jason's shoulder as a reassurance.

Aura's eyes widen and she had to cover her mouth when Jason removed his masked helmet and revealed many scars on his face and neck, his green eyes held regrets.

Theo's eyes shaken a bit that they accidentally let the ancient book hit the floor, to shock to utter words at Jason's current state.

"I led my men straight into a massacre-" All eyes widen as Damian's eyes shadowed. "I witnessed their deaths firsthand..."

Alyssa accidentaly tap on Jason's unconscious and saw vivid images of blood being splattered everywhere and he was just shaking crazily.

She gasp a little bit and tears almost pool her cheeks. "I-I'm sorry-!" She clenched her head and Seiko glance at her then his eyes widen when he saw visions of their leaders being bruised and their old comrades beaten.

He glanced at Rose. "You... you were with Black Hunter's team..." She smile sadly and sigh. "What did you see...?" She softly ask a sobbing Alyssa, they're not even mad at all... just sad that she had to see it all by herself...

"U-uhm... all blood... previous comrades... and... you..." She scaringly look at Damian who smile sadly. "You... you were in rage..." Wally gently hugged her as he have heard stories about the Bat Family... especially to Nightwing, his best friend..

"I made every mistake... and felt the shame rise in me... and even now I lie awake..." Damian clenched his fist and tiredly looked at everyone. "Knowing history has its eyes on me..."

Everyone frowns at this, being the legitimate son of Bruce Wayne... they may know the feeling of suffocation.

Andrwea's eyes widen as she push away her strands as realization hit her. "History has its eyes on me..." She muttered and Rose gave her a sympathetic look.

"What about you...?" Miko genuinely asked Beast boy who smile sadly, remembering his old team before he met the Titans or being a leader of Outsiders...

Sapphire bit her lip as she and Maximus are members of Justice League, both glance at one another understanding what the other is feeling. Beast Boy notice the tension on his protege and her co-member.

He went in front of them and gently touch their shoulder, not wanting to scare them but wants to let reality sip their figure. "Let me tell you what I wish i'd known. When I was young and dreamed of glory..."

He pull away slightly and glance at Rose whose trying to decipher the books. He gently points at her, then looks at them.

"You have no control, who lives, who dies, who tells your story..."

Andrwe and Luna's eyes widen when they heard Beast boy honestly said that. Even Seiko clenched his fist when he recalled his mentor... who he never saw again in his entire life... after...

Rose noticed the tension and she put the book down first then gently touch Seiko's shoulder who stiff but relaxed when it was his previous leader whose smiling softly.

Brandon crossed his arms and grin proudly. "I know that we can win.." He went to Miko and smile widely at the flustered elemental user, knowing full well... he release a small gush of wind at her which made her slightly smile as she could suddenly feel anxious.

"I know that greatness lies in you."

Beast boy side hugged her and gave her a lolipop which she happily accepted as Beast Boy gently ruffles her hair, knowing her full well that she will and will try to get over her fear of-

All leaders looked at the remaining team, who will soon continue the generation of heroes, no matter what code was encrypted on their personal communicators.

Rose's eyes glowed softly, as she remember her mother's words. "But remember from here on in, history has its eyes on you.." Her eyes met the gazes of reality-warp and telekenesis users.

"History will have its eyes on you.." All leaders said to their comrades whose determine to continue their legacy as heroes, no matter the fear or challenges they may face.