Tony's P.O.V.

      I stood in the office with Natasha sitting in a chair at the table. I looked down at my phone to see if anyone we sent out had any sight on Steve and his merry band of criminals. The helicopter ended up in pieces in the river and the four of them were missing.
     I hoped (Y/n) was okay though, hopefully she wasn't dead. She's enhanced. That's why she was against the accords. That's why she chose Cap's side. That's why she was upset that I signed. It's not like I can just take my name off it now, though. If only I-
     Secretary Ross walked in, pulling me from my thoughts. "I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?"
     I looked at him. "We will. GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it."
     Ross shook his head. "You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective."
     I raised my eyebrows.
     "I'm putting Special Ops on this." Ross glanced at Natasha.
     Natasha furrowed her eyebrows. "What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve Rogers?"
     That will cause a public uproar. I thought as I sat down.
     "If we're provoked." He answered. "Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers and that girl."
     My lips twitched slightly at the mention of her.
     "There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math." Ross said looking down at me.
     "All due respect, you're not going to solve this with boys and bullets, Ross." I looked up at him. "You gotta let us bring them in."
     Ross rolled his eyes and scoffed. "How would that end any differently from the last time?"
     "Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed."
     He stood there, looking down at me contemplating my offer. "36 hours." He finally said. "Barnes." He began to walk away. "Rogers." He looked at Natasha. "Wilson." He rested his hand on the door and looked at me. "And (L/n)."
     I nodded. "Thank you, sir." He left the room and I sighed. I rubbed my hand down my face.
     If I brought in (Y/n), she wouldn't sign the accords; she'd then be locked up for a decent amount of time. Like forever. I couldn't bring her in... maybe just let her go on the run like when she was a mercenary and got into some trouble.
     But was I ready to let her go? I mean I just met her and I already feel a specific way about her. She came into my life at a time where I'm struggling, where I'm... broken. A shell of everything I used to be. I truly felt like she'd be able to make me feel whole.
     So... am I ready to let her go?
     I felt my chest tightening at the thought of never seeing her again. I ran my hand down my chest and slumped in the chair, and sighed.
     "My left arm is numb, is that normal?" I asked, looking to Natasha.
     She patted me on the shoulder. "You alright?"
     I rested my hand on my chest and nodded. "Always." Aside from my massive black eye and a cut to my eyebrow I was fine, physically. Emotionally? Mentally? Not so much. "36 hours, jeez."
     "We're seriously understaffed."
     I leaned back in the chair. "Oh, yeah. It'd be great if we had a Hulk right about now. Any shot?" I raised a brow and looked at her.
     Natasha smirked slightly. "No. You really think he'd be on our side?"
     "No." I said, barely audible.
     But maybe... no... he's a kid. But Cap might not put up that big a fight if it's a kid.
     Natasha shrugged. "I have an idea."
     I nodded. "Me too." I looked up at her. "Where's yours?"
     "Downstairs." She looked at me confused. "Where's yours?"
     I smiled slightly. Off to Queens I go.

***

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

     I ran a hand through my hair. There's a chance that I might die- but that's fine. I could spend the rest of my life being detained in a government prison- but that's also fine. I just need to prove that Bucky is innocent then lay low for a bit; but clearing his name is the most important thing on my agenda.
     I sat in the back seat with Bucky, Sam in the front, as we watched Steve interact with Sharon. I rested my head back against the seat, I wish I had my phone to at least tell Logan that I might die but it's fine. Or just to tell him that I was alright and that I'll come visit him, just so he doesn't worry.
      Then my thoughts drifted to Tony. Was he looking for us? Was he worried we were hurt? Did him, Natasha and T'Challa get in trouble for trying to stop Bucky? I had so many questions running through my head.
      Bucky leaned forward. "Can you move your seat up?"
     "No." Sam kept his eyes strained forward.
     I chuckled. "Steve had to pick this car? Could've gone with something a little roomier."
     "What're you complaining for? This seems like a car you'd have just not as worn down," Sam said looking over his shoulder at me.
     I smirked. "I would never have this car. Before I went to Bucharest I had a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429."
      "That's a sweet car." Sam chuckled and looked back out the windshield. "Where is it now?"
I shrugged. "I don't know - I left it with my ex, and knowing him it's probably long gone." I chuckled lightly. "Probably in a junkyard smashed to bits because he's an awful driver."
     Bucky glanced at me; he knew about Wade and my life before Bucharest, and he always insisted that I was still hung up on the merc with a mouth. Me talking about wade in such a friendly manner probably didn't help stop him from thinking that.
     We all focused forward on Steve and Sharon as they kissed.
     "Gross..." I muttered.
     "Leave him alone, she's the first girl he's liked since the 40's." Bucky chuckled and pushed my shoulder lightly.
     They exchanged a few more words before Sharon handed Steve over our gear as well as my backpack. Steve made his way back to the car with a dorky smile on his face. He sat in the driver's seat and started the car.
     We were silent as he drove to the place we were meeting the other members of our team, Sam's guy and two people Steve called. The meeting place was the 6th level of a parking garage at the airport. It wouldn't be vacated, but it was only a matter of time before the call came in. Steve parked next to a van. The four of us got out of the small car, Bucky staying back.
     "Cap." A man with short blond hair said with a smile as he and Steve hugged, this was Clint Barton aka Hawkeye.
     "You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." Steve said as he took a step back.
     I looked to the woman standing next to Clint, she stared back at me. This was Wanda Maximoff, and she was trying to read my mind. I smirked and looked back to Clint.
     Clint smiled. "Hey man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt."
     Steve looked at Wanda. "Thanks for having my back."
     She looked up at him. "It was time to get off my ass."
     Steve crossed his arms. "How about our other recruit?"
     Clint rubbed the back of his neck before he opened the back door to the van. "He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good."
      A man with black hair groggily got up and out of the van. "What timezone is this?" He squinted.
     "Come on. Come on." Clint said, ushering him up.
      Scott Lang, Sam's guy, took Steve's hand with an amazed look. "Captain America."
     "Mr. Lang." Steve nodded.
     "It's an honor." Scott said, still shaking Steve's hand. "I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America." He let go of Steve's hand and turned to look at Wanda. "I know you, too. You're great!" He turned back to Steve and felt his shoulders. "Jeez."
     I leaned towards Sam. "This is your guy?"
     Sam shook his head. "Give him a chance, he's got amazing tech."
     I nodded and crossed my arms. "Probably should've called my guy..."
     Sam chuckled lightly as we looked back to Scott.
     "Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so... thinks for thanking of me." He turned to sam. "Hey, man!"
      "What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam smiled.
      "Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I..."
      Sam cut him off. "It was a great audition, but it'll... it'll never happen again."
      "Steve, who's this?" Wanda asked motioning to me.
      I held out my hand to her. "(Y/n) (L/n)." She took my hand and shook it, Clint gave me a nod.
     Wanda stared at me and squinted her eyes. "I can't read you..."
     "Static interference." I nodded, as I tapped the side of my head.
     "What?" Clint asked with an eyebrow raised.
     "It's one of my abilities, the copious amounts of charged potential energy in my body grants me the ability to build up charges of static electricity that shields my mind from detection and intrusion." I explained glancing at Steve then back to Wanda.
     Clint, Wanda and Scott stared at me in confusion.
     I held up my hand forming an energy blast. "I'm a mutant." I explained.
     "That makes sense." Scott nodded. "Well, it doesn't really, but it's cool. You're pretty awesome."
     I smiled at him as I made the energy disappear. "They tell you what we're up against?"
     "Something about some... psycho-assassins?" Scott asked.
     Steve nodded. "We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man."
     "Yeah, well, what else is new?" Scott shrugged.
      I raised my eyebrows. Well at least I know that I'm not the only person that's had trouble with the law before this.
     "We should get moving." Bucky said from the car.
     "We got a jet lined up." Clint explained.
     A voice came over the PA. "Dies ist eine Notsituation. Alle Passagiere müssen den Flughafen sofort evakuieren (This is an emergency. All passengers must evacuate the airport immediately)."
     "They're evacuating the airport." I said looking over at Bucky. He nodded.
     "Stark." Sam frowned.
     Scott looked around, confused. "Stark?"
     Steve looked at us. "Suit up." He, Sam and I walked back over to our crappy car. Steve opened the trunk and I pulled out my bag.
     "So am I just supposed to strip in front of y'all. Cuz I got no problem with it, but you guys probably want to keep your head in the game, not have it filled with provocative thoughts." I joked with a wink in their direction.
     Steve, Bucky and Sam looked at each other then back to me; that statement made them all a little flustered.
     I chuckled. "Relax, I'll just change in the car." I took off my shoes and opened the door then climbed into the backseat. In reality I could have just asked Clint if I could change in the van, but I didn't really know him, so I didn't want to bother him.
     I took off my jacket then pulled off my shirt, I looked down at my abdomen and ran a finger over the scar by my hip, then the one up by my shoulder. I pulled on the black crop top, then pulled off my Jean's. I pulled on the pants to my outfit, they leather like everything else. I climbed into the front seat and pulled on my boots before getting out of the car. I held the jacket to my super suit in my hand as I stood next to Bucky and Steve.
     "I didn't know you had scars." Bucky said looking at the two scars I was looking at earlier.
     I shrugged. "I have more than just these two. It's no big deal." I pulled on my jacket and began to lace the front.

" I pulled on my jacket and began to lace the front

     "How'd you get those two though?" Steve asked.
     "My job before I left the states. Let's just say Hydra agents suck at shooting." I chuckled. I reached into my bag and grabbed my staff as well as a deck of playing cards.
     "What're you gonna do with those?" Scott asked as he, Clint and Wanda joined us. "Is it close up Magic? Please tell me it's close up magic."
    I shook my head. "No. They're just from a friend," I said looking over the pack of New Orleans playing cards. "Plus it's like having 52 explosives tucked away in a little pocket. I always save 'em for last." I smiled as I shoved them into my back pocket.
     "Are they tiny bombs?" Clint asked.
     "She can charge inanimate objects with energy and use them as explosive projectiles." Bucky explained.
     I nodded. "So if things start to go boom, just know it was either a last resort or I needed a distraction."
     Wanda smirked slightly. "It's nice to have another one with powers around. The Avengers are great and all, but... having someone around with powers in a way like mine is a nice change."
     I smiled at her before she walked away with Clint after Steve passed out comms. I put mine in my ear and bit my lip, I really wanted to get a hold of Logan before we left, but I don't think that I'd get the chance to.
     "You okay?" Steve asked as we were getting ready to leave.
     I tightened my grip on my staff. "Yeah, I'm good." Steve patted me on the back and we walked off to get into position.