[year one]

"so.. you've been talking about me in your letters, i see."

i go to my bathroom to take a shower, and get ready for breakfast, and malfoy is sitting on my bed, i put on my robe and i do my hair in pigtails. i sit next to draco. he looks at me and clears his throat.

"you ready?" he asks.

"yes, indeed i am." i say and stand up, i grab his hand to help him up, then i let go when he stand up. we walk downstairs and sit at our table, his friends sit around us, we're sitting next to each other.

little did i know, after breakfast and classes, my owl arrived back with a letter, with my mother's handwriting. draco didn't come to my room yet.

hello sweetheart. it's your mother writing. :). your father is with some business to attend, but he did indeed tell me to tell you that he sure does love you. we're very proud that you're in Slytherin, and how you're friends with Mr.Malfoys son. is he nice? is he funny? i bet you guys are going to be the best of friends. i love you sweetie.
          - xoxo
           mom

i read her letter out loud, and didn't realize malfoy is in my room. and i start to reply back.

"so.. you've been talking about me in your letters, i see." draco says proudly and flattered.

i gasp and look at him, i turn bright red and and put my hands in my face in embarrassment. a minute later i take my hands off my face.

"what~? yeah, never-" he cuts me off.

"then why is your mother saying you were?" he questions.

"i- um, uh, you see, uh, um.. i-" i stutter horribly. "okay, i guess i was.." i admit.

"haha!" draco laughs.

"shut it!" i say and cross my arms.

"sorry! but i can't believe it, an archie wrote about me? unbelievable! i'm surprised!" he says and i look away.

"shut it, malfoy." i laugh.

before we knew it.. the year went by fast, surprised, me and malfoy are best friends. we're seeing our parents and getting on the trains right now. i see draco.

"goodbye draco, ill see you next year.." i say sadly and i look down at the ground standing in front of him.

"i'll send you letters, okay?" he smiles and he picks up my chin to make me look at him.

i smile and he smirks. i hug him tightly and i don't want to let go. he has a surprised look on his face.

"i barely hug anyone, i don't like them, because i'm not used to it. you're lucky, archie." he smiles and hugs me back. but we sadly have to part. "it's okay, i'll send you letters." he smiles.

i smile back.

"goodbye." we both say.