[year 2, summer]

"you've gotten a letter, chloe."

i'm sitting in my room, draco still hasn't sent any letters.. like he said. i've sent some, hoping he'd reply.. he hasn't. maybe he just said that to comfort me.. it's been a month since we left hogwarts. i hope he hasn't forgotten about me..

"chloe. honey!" my mother calls my name to come downstairs. probably for dinner or something.

i walk out my room, and come downstairs, an owl is outside with the door wide open.

"you've gotten a letter, chloe." my mother says.

my face lit up and i smile wide, i went to the owl and grabbed the letter and thanks the owl. maybe, hopefully it's draco! i smile and hug my mother, and i run up to my room and sit on my bed and open the letter.

sorry for.. you know.. not replying to your letters. i've been super busy, i didn't forget about you, no no! i would never. i've just been super busy, i hope you understand. my father has been taking me to his trips, and i literally hate it. i hope you're not mad, archie.
             -your best friend
            draco. draco malfoy.

i smile and i tear up in joy. i'm so happy he finally written back to me, he thinks i'd be mad? i guess that's apart of being with slytherin. i'm going to write back.

why would i be mad? i was worried if anything, and a bit sad. i was thinking you only said you'd write to me,  just to comfort me in that moment. at least you wrote to me after a month. i'm still happy though! i cant wait to see you.
                     -from your best friend
                           chloe archie.

i cant even express how happy i am, but i'm also super sleepy. i'm going to head to bed.