xxxi.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗢𝗡𝗘

𝗜 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗔𝗙𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗡𝗢𝗪.

☀︎︎

third person pov

(noah - bold gemma - underline narrator - regular)

     GEMMA. hi. noah opens the door and gestures for gemma to enter. hi noah. she doesnt move, and instead stays outside. uh- this wont take long. confused noah says, it doesnt matter, come in. so she does. she walks in the door and closes it behind her. i just wanted to talk about something. what? noah tries to read gemmas face, but he fails. she takes in a sharp breath. i know. know what? i know who kissed you at the party. this isnt what he expected. he thought this talk could only go two ways, but it seems a third has presented itself.

you do? who? she fidgets with her hands. i did. he doesnt answer. unsure of what to say next, he sighs. oh. she turns around and mumbles a goodbye, and starts to leave. her hand turns the knob when she stops and faces noah again. i just wanted you to know. im sorry. he grabs her hand. dont be sorry. i uh- wanted to tell you something else too. he waits for her to continue, but she sighs instead. i liked it. noah smiles. its a small smile, but its there. i did too. she mirrors his smile, before reaching into her bag. gemma pulls out a sweatshirt. here. she hands back the sweatshirt. keep it. so she does. what do we do now? im not sure. she looks down at noahs hand still resting on hers. his eyes drift down as well. before he can pull away and apologize, she intertwines their fingers.

i dont want to be friends a-anymore either. she lifts her head and looks him in the eyes. but i dont know how to be more. he stays silent. what if i lose you? she drops her hand from his. i just cant afford to lose you right now. his eyes drift from hers and he looks down. noah slowly shakes his head. this is all we'll be isnt it? when she doesnt say anything, he looks back up and notices tears forming in her eyes, some threating to fall. one finally does, and he reaches out a hand to wipe it away. you just mean too much to me. gemma, you wont ever lose me. he pulls her in for a hug. she accepts, and sniffles.

gemma didnt know why she opened up. or why she didnt crack a joke. why she grabbed his hand.

noah just hugged her. his heart ached for the girl. he truly and deeply cared for her, still uncertain if she felt the same. finn had warned him about confessing, so he would be cautious of his next few words. i dont know what to do. he let go of her. i dont know how to be more than friends. i really only know one thing at this point. i know that if i ever lose you, my world will come crashing down. it wont know how to function without you. it would become almost meaningless. he looked into her brown eyes once again, and sighed. on the other hand, it could work. we could work. what are you implying, noah? this time she searches his eyes. i care about you a lot. if a friend is all you need right now, i can be just a friend. oh. but nothing will ever change how much i care about you. um, she pauses, unsure if she should continue. everything in my head tells me to run away. but my feet wont move. i-uh cant begin to tell you how much i care about you, how my heart speeds up when you enter a room, or the butterflies that erupt when we touch. she sighs. but i think i need to learn how to love myself before i can love someone else. another tear falls. i get it. but he doesnt. he doesnt get it. but you dont get it noah. and thats why i cant put you through all that. thats it then? i guess so. she walks towards the door and opens it. goodbye noah. she walks out the door and to her car.

theres knocks on her window. she rolls it down and there he is. please dont do this. do what? pretend this he points to himself, and then her. didnt happen. but nothing did happen. okay fine. noah turns away and walks to his house. she starts the car, but then stops it. gemma opens her car door, and walks towards the front door. she knocks and it opens.

then she kisses him.

--------------------

AUTHORS NOTE: wow this took forever to write.

word count: 795