xxxii.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗪𝗢

𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗧 𝗧𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗢𝗡𝗘.

☀︎︎

third person pov

     THERE they were. standing outside noahs house. she had kissed him, neither knew why. she said they should just be friends, but it didnt seem that way anymore. i-im sorry. she looked into his eyes. i shouldnt have done that. noah knew that he could play it off, but he didnt want to. i just want to be there for you. if a friend is all i can be, thats fine. he took a nervous breath. but you cant deny that there isnt anything here. the truth is, she was scared. i know. i like you, a lot. then you cant keep running, gemma. im just scared. she says, her voice barely above a whisper. he grabs her hand. what are you scared of? she speaks softly. i dont know. and she truly didnt know why she was scared. then whats there to be afraid of? she sighs. just- lets talk, okay? she nods and walks back into his house.

i care about you, gemma. just please tell me what you are thinking. i dont want to run. okay. she sits down on the couch. i just feel like ill let you down. or i wont be enough for you. she shakes her head. noah sighs and reaches for the girls hand. how could you ever let me down? i-i just know im not enough. it hurt noah to hear her say those words. he didnt know how she could even think that. you arent enough? gemma, how could you say that about yourself? she takes a deep breath. its me noah. how could i not think that of myself? worse, how could i not accept the facts? i know im not good enough, and i know ill let you down. she sniffles. its bound to happen. he doesnt say anything. his eyes drift to gemmas face. ill help you. she looks at him. how? ill help you see why you are enough, and why i like you so much. okay. okay? she sniffles. yeah. noah smiles. just trust me, gemma. i do. i know you do. gemma looks down at their hands, still together. i dont want to lose you, but i dont think we can be 'just friends' anymore. me neither. just promise me one thing. hmm? dont let me push you away. i wont. good.

     both the teens knew they couldnt be just friends, it would be too painful. with this in mind, gemma decided that she wanted more. tomorrow, picnic? still looking in his eyes, gemma could see him nod and smile. yeah, that sounds good. j-just dont tell anyone yet, okay? okay. he didnt understand why she wanted to keep them a secret. i just want to make sure this works before we tell anyone. now he did. you want us to be official before we tell anyone. yeah, is that okay? of course. and he was okay with it. he understood her concerns. with that, she smiles and stands up. i should go. gemma walks to the door. see you tomorrow, g. bye noah.

--------------------
text messages

noahs therapy (girl advice)

no-yes: she left

jacks hubby: damn that took forever
faucet: howd it go?
washer: please tell me she likes you

no-yes: uh

--------------------

ma: tell them i just went over to return a sweatshirt and talk about my new song.
if you need a title, use 'dont be sad'

ah: thanks g

ma: anytime n

--------------------

noahs therapy (girl advice)

no-yes: she came over to return a sweatshirt and talk about her new song

kurt: she was that dramatic for a song??
the mom: not suprised
hawkins: so nothing happened??

no-yes: i told her to keep the sweatshirt
and she did

jacks hubby: she didnt even mention the kiss??

no-yes: nope

the mom: odd
faucet: again
not suprised.
washer: alright well gn

no-yes: bye

--------------------

ah: goodnight gemma🖤

ma: goodnight noah🧡

--------------------

AUTHORS NOTE: hmmm a secret.... i wonder how thats gonna go

word count: 678