xxxiii.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗦𝗔𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧.

☀︎︎

     WE were all hanging in a group. well, the cast of stranger things, that is. okay. its more like the teenagers of stranger things, like millie, caleb, gaten, sadie, finn, noah and me.

     sitting at the table eating our icecream, finn talks about his new movie that hes directing. everyone is listening, except for noah. i can tell hes staring at me, its pretty obvious. since hes sitting across from me, i can see him out of the corner of my eye. so, i look at him. he immediately blushes and looks away. i divert my attention back towards the rest of the group, who are now talking about calebs new skateboard or something. suddenly, something kicks my leg. my head shoots up, and i see noah who is once again, staring at me. he pulls out his phone, and gestures towards me.

--------------------
text messages

ah: you look pretty today

ma: thanks!
ig you look good today too🙄

ah: are you free to go out tonight?

ma: yeah
where

ah: beach

ma: most definitely

ah: good

-------------------

     "oooh!" a voice says. "who are you texting gemma?" its millie. lie, lie. LIE! "no one." wow great one! she'll totally believe that! "lies, i saw you texting someone about the beach." is that all she saw? "oh, im just going later." she looks at me skeptically. "oh, okay." how did no one else hear our conversation? okay im out of here. "im gonna head out, bye everyone!" everyone says bye, and i leave.

--------------------
text messages

ah: pick you up at 7?

ma: ok!

ah: 🧡

ma: 🧡

--------------------

were at the beach. just me and him. no one else is around, either. he clears his throat, "uh. i have food, by the way." i giggle. "whatcha got?" he rummages through his bag and pulls out two sandwiches. i smile, "pb&j's? good choice!" the sun is setting, but you can see a red color flush his cheeks.

i run to the water, grabbing noahs hand and pulling him with me. we reach the shoreline, and my hand is still in his. he smiles at me, and i smile back.

at some point in time, i fall in the water, and get soaked. i guess noah felt bad, since he went in too. soaking wet, we head back to the car, and drive to my house. he drops me off at my door, and i can see lights on. instantly, i panic. is someone in my house? i open the door, and there she is. my mother, in the flesh. "gemma! where have you been?! oh- goodness, youre soaked!" "mom? what are you doing here?" i ask her. "i couldnt miss the premiere of your show!" she tells me, while grabbing a towel. "i-i thought you werent coming back for another two months!" i exclaim. she hands me a towel, "well, here i am!" i sigh. "how long?" she pushes a piece of hair out of my face. "two weeks," i look at her and roll my eyes. "im sorry! i couldnt get anymore time off!" she practically yells. "you always say that mom! youre always gone, and when youre home, its for less than a month!" i walk away, and she doesnt come after me.