Who's boss?

Finally! An update!

Sorry it took so long, classes have started again and I have less time to do other things. Anyway, hopefully my schedule won't be too affected and I can still post chapters in a somewhat consistent way.

On with the story!

Third person POV

When Alfred had returned home, he expected things to be relatively the same.

Of course, some things would be misplaced, and there would be a little chaos.

This is what Alfred expected.

What Alfred didn't expect was for the chaos to have escalated so quickly in such little time.

To be honest, he was almost impressed.

Almost.

Alfred had seen many things during his lifetime. Many of them came from the fact that Bruce was Batman.

So when the Bats came home with an unconscious John, all covered in snow, Alfred didn't even bat an eyelash.

He simply stood patiently and watched as the trio quickly exited the batjet with John in tow.

"I assume that I must call Master John's parents to alert them of his location?" Alfred asked, though it was more of a statement than a question.

Bruce sighed, pulling down his hood. "Yes." He replied, sending a subtle glare at both Jason and Damian.

Jason then stuck up his middle finger while Damian simply glared back.

Alfred glanced one more time at John who was thrown over Jason's shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

 "Master Jason." He said, shifting his gaze over to said person. "Perhaps you should put the poor boy down and get some rest yourself.".

The butler then turned to Damian.

"Master Damian, I suggest you get prepared for sleep as well."

Damian grumbled in response, but after a stern glare from Alfred he mumbled in agreement.

"That applies to you too, Master Bruce."

Bruce opened his mouth in protest, only to shut it after being the victim of another one of Alfred's glares.

It was clear who the real boss was here.

- Metropolis City -

Dick walked through the busy streets of Metropolis.

Before arriving, he had shed all of his uniform and changed into civilian clothes. After doing so, he used some of his pocket cash and to a ride to Metropolis using a train.

He had left his phone back at Jason's place so they couldn't track him and was currently looking for John. Dick was convinced that Damian was being forced to do something. What other explanation could there be for their previous encounter?

If Dick could reach John, he could question him on noticing any strange behavior, and maybe even identifying a suspect.

All he needed to do was reach the Kent's apartment without being caught by Roy or Jason.

Easy, right?