2

y/n stared at the cream-coloured ceiling, feeling lonely and annoyed. it was times like this when she missed midoriya's company. honestly, she would be willing to have anybody by her side, except for bakugou.

he made her feel pissed off and unwanted, not that she wasn't anyway. she sighed and rolled over, swinging her legs off the bed, gazing at the luxurious room she was put in. she glanced at her legs, draped over by a pale yellow silk dress.

her eyes widened as she processed the meaning of what might have happened. either midoriya dressed me or ... bakugou ... she shook her head, not wanting to think of the possibility.

she slid out of bed and into the bathroom. the lavish bathroom didn't surprise her at all - expensive looking soap lined the shelves near the large bathtub and the way the tap sparkled reminded her of when she was 5 years old, looking at the shimmering diamonds from outside the shop window. when her family was still alive. after all, 3 years had passed since the death of her kin and decided not to dwell on the past.

however, it wasn't like she could focus on the present or future either. she would probably end up as a maid to bakugou anyways. at that moment, y/n heard a knock on the door.

"hi y/n are you decent ?" midoriya chimed. "yeah. you can come in." the always smiling green haired boy entered the room and placed a tray of food on the bedside table.

"hey midoriya," she asked, "has anyone came to look for me yet ?" his face paled, stuttering slightly. "n-no. why ?" her face fell, and so did her voice.

"oh ... you see, i was visiting my family at the grave and i got lost. my uncle was driving me there and he dropped me off. i have never seen this town near the grave so i'm thinking that i wandered off way further than i would've expected." he nodded slowly but didn't reply.

"also," midoriya looked at her, confused, "could you tell me a story ?" he looked even more confused now. "about who ?"

"bakugou."

he paled further and stammered. "i- uh ... i don't think its my place to say this ..." y/n begged, "please. i want to know if i'm safe here because there might be a possibility i may not want to go back to my uncle anyway."

he sighed, then started his story. "kacchan was an only child to two wealthy people. because of that, he's always been slightly arrogant and self-centered." y/n held in a laugh. "slightly." midoriya, too, could barely hold in his chuckle. "yeah. his parents isolated him since birth so he's never really had any friends. except for me, i suppose. then when he was 16, his parents just left. because my parents worked for his parents, my parents left me too. at least they left him a roof over our heads. that's it, i guess."

she gasped. "that's really cruel. why did his parents leave though ? did he do something wrong ?" midoriya shook his head. "sorry. that's not for me to tell." she wanted to know more, but respected his restrictions and possible consequences if bakugou found out. "oh ! and i also charged your phone for you. my number and kacchan's number are inside so you can call either of us if needed." he then left the room with his signature carefree grin.

she scowled at her phone. like i would ever need bakugou's number. she made a mental note to only call midoriya and wouldn't ever call bakugo even if she was in a life-threatening situation.

her anger faded when she thought about the story midoriya told her. is he the way he is because he also got abandoned by his parents ? but still he shouldn't have said such mean things to me.

she fell back onto the bed with a groan. despite hating him with every bit of her soul, there was some part of her that was way too eager to find out more about the mysterious man.

y/n tried calling her uncle then, but he did not bother to pick up the phone. sighing for the millionth time that day, she threw her phone onto the nightstand, slowly fading into the dream world as time passed. right before she fully lost consciousness, she heard the door creak open and a blond haired man peek into the room.

blinking wearily, she mouthed bakugou and reached out for him in a daze. she knew she was going to hit herself when she woke up fresh in the morning and realise what she did. her arm dropped onto the bed as she lost the ability to remain awake. she might have been hallucinating, but she thought she saw bakugou smiling sadly yet tenderly at her sleeping form.

a/n: i hate writer's block ew