4

y/n's dreams were rid of nightmares, sure. but what she hated was that she dreamt of the spiky-haired blonde idiot all fucking night. he annoyed her to hell, still the hint of a gentle smile on his lips ... no. he was her captor; it was not the time to be dreaming about the rude, insensible, self-centered yet ridiculously hot man.

she grabbed her phone from the nightstand and dialed a number. "hi midoriya. its me, y/n. could you come over ? i need to ask you some questions about bakugou."

however, who she called, wasn't midoriya.

"you could just ask me now," bakugou responded from the other line. his voice was husky. DAMN STOP. she should seriously stop thinking otherwise. it was bound to get out of hand. she gasped and glared at the contact. it obviously said "midoriya". then why ... oh ...

"haha sorry wrong number !" she said cheerfully and hung up. then she stormed to midoriya's room.

"midoriya izuku. what did you do ?"

"WHAT DID I DO ?" he looked at her, confused. he also might have been confused as to why she was calling him by his full name. she then showed him the contacts on her phone.

"uh ... i might have ... matched the contact to the wrong number on accident ?"

y/n inhaled deeply. seeing that she was about to blow, midoriya frantically shook his hands. "i swear ! it was an accident ! i didn't mean it y/n, believe me."

she inhaled again. "ok, fine. BUT I CALLED BAKUGOU ON ACCIDENT OH MY GOD."

midoriya stared at her blankly. "yeah but what's the prob- oh."

"yeah, oh."

suddenly, his eyes lit up like twin flames of green. "WAIT. Y/N. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH ? ON KACCHAN ?"

despite her not feeling the way he described (or so she hoped), she shrieked in dismay. "OH HELL NO. NO NO NO. NEVER."

he just gave her the eyes. the ones that told her that he probably knew everything. if he didn't tell her what his quirk was earlier on, she would've been convinced that he had a mind reading quirk. "shut your trap," she said in her defense, "i swear to the heavens that i will never, ever have a crush on bakugou. EVER."

he continued giving her the eyes. "midoriya, i give you 5 seconds to get out. 5, 4 ..."

"but y/n," he whined, "you're in my room."

she looked down, embarrassed. "oh. yes. right. i'll go then."

-

y/n still hadn't gotten over the fact that she called bakugou. the one person she vowed to never call. it was all midoriya's fault. if he never messed up ... no. she shouldn't blame him for this. it was her own fault for getting lost anyway.

if she never got lost she would've never met bakugou. but then she wouldn't have met midoriya either. she groaned loudly. she just wanted to die.

laying down on the bed, she stared up at the cream-coloured ceiling once more, contemplating if she should just get out of this place. but even if she got out successfully ... then what ? she got lost for a reason and if she could lose her way once, she would definitely lose her way again.

at that moment, bakugou burst into her room. she screamed.

"GET OUT ! WHAT THE FUCK ?"

"its not like you're naked. so shut up."

"I SAID-"

bakugo interrupted her and sat on her bed, making her flare with anger. "shut up dumbass. just listen to me." y/n managed to reign in her temper, but was still so close to beating him up. "what did you want to ask me ?"

she scoffed. "now you want to play nice. must feel good huh ?"

"i felt bad and-"

"you don't have to."

"JUST LET ME FINISH GODDAMMIT !"

"YOU DIDN'T LET ME FINISH EITHER !"

"ok. you know what ? i regret feeling bad for you in the first place. i'm out."

before bakugou left, he sneered and spat, "pathetic".

the minute the door closed, y/n felt an overwhelming wave of emotions rise over her. then it all crashed down on her.

choking. suffocating. breathe. she couldn't. all she could say was "bakugou".

as fast as he left, he returned, slamming the door open so fast that the door almost flew off its hinges. he rushed towards her, cradling her body as he repeated the same word over and over again. breathe. breathe. breathe.

she sucked in large gulps of air, trying to replenish the oxygen she'd lost. coughing, she choked out, "why'd you come back ?"

"because."

"i want an answer someday dumbass."

"sure. dumbass."

she thought she felt her heart start to mend back, the broken glass pieces melting together and hardening, slowly but steadily. just a little bit.

a/n: i really dont think this chapter was good imo but imma try real hard to make the rest better :)