5

bakugou

bakugou stayed with y/n throughout the night, carrying her to the bed and whispering sweet nothings into her ear. it was nothing like him but it really didn't matter. it wasn't like anyone saw him anyway. he cradled her softly, resisting the urge to rest his head on her's.

however, he did stroke his fingers through her luscious hair, slowly untangling the slightly knotted strands. suddenly, he had a churning feeling in his stomach. oh no. time to go soon. when he was 100% sure y/n was sleeping soundly, he left silently, no louder than a cat.

y/n

she woke up drowsy. then she remembered what happened. despite her terrible state, she stumbled to bakugou's room (midoriya told her where it was) and knocked twice.

he gaped, completely forgetting about yesterday's events, as the man that opened the door was not the bakugou she knew. dark eye circles hung below his eyes and his hair was messier than usual, spiking up in all different directions.

his voice snapped her out of her shock. "what do you want?"

"oh look! the mean bakugou is back," feigning excitement.

"ok fine. do you need anything?"

this shocked her. she put a hand on his forehead. "um are you feeling ok?"

he swatted her hand away. "yes. i'm fine. if you don't need anything then go away." he proceeded to close the door but y/n stopped him with her foot.

"um about yesterday... i-"

"its nothing."

"LET ME FINISH OK?"

"OK FINE."

"i'm really grateful and -"

"don't talk so loudly. y'know what? just come in."

as he pulled her inside his room, she snapped, "i literally said 'let me finish' and you interrupted me again. asshole."

"i don't want the others to hear about this."

she smirked. bakugou said, "don't start. there will be consequences."

although y/n wanted to know what those consequences were, she decided to "respect" his privacy. "so anyway, i'm really grateful to how you helped me yesterday. because no one was really there for me you see."

she felt herself starting to rant but she was too tired to care. "my family didn't really listen to me anyway; they were too busy gushing over my younger brother. so they ignored me. then they died."

he was just sitting beside her, but she felt a shock go through his muscular body. "move on. if you sit here keep feeling sorry about yourself, you'll never feel better."

she turned to him and smiled brightly. he returned her look with one that said what.

she gazed at her knees. "i'm just... really happy. whoever i told that story to just said 'i'm sorry' or 'my condolences'. it got old real quick." y/n turned back to bakugou and managed to catch him smiling slightly.

"caught you," she whispered, smiling cheekily. his scowling face immediately returned. "the fuck are you talking about?"

"HAHA you know what i'm talking about." she gave him a suggestive face.

it might have been the lack of sunlight in his room, but she thought she saw him blushing. he shooed her out of his room, still blushing. "ok now get out."

"but-"

"get. out. i hate you dumbass."

"i hate you too!" she blew a pretend kiss at him, which he also pretended to catch. just to see him throw it out the window.

"hey!" she huffed and shoved her hands into her pockets, walking back to her room, just slightly ticked off. but what she didn't see was bakugou keeping the kiss she blew in his other hand.

he walked to his bed, then back to the window. then he threw it out.

-

y/n sat on her bed, pouting like a child. HE THREW MY KISS OUT THE WINDOW. she had to stop acting like a child; she was already 16. these childish tantrums had to stop. she had been kidnapped for god's sake. just that when she was around bakugou, her character did a 180 degree flip. her childish nature returned, like when she was 13.

he was dangerous. she shouldn't be showing this side of herself to anyone. especially him. he was making her giddy. with what? she didn't know. all she knew was that it was bad. for who? she didn't know either.

she didn't even know bakugou well. she didn't know his first name, favourite food, favourite colour (probably black) or hobby (probably stalking). and there she went, rambling off to him. she really needed to be more careful.

or... she could just ask midoriya. he would definitely be willing to give her answers if she gave him a legitimate reason in return.

-

that night, y/n fell asleep once again buried beneath the caramel scented pillows. just before she dozed off, she had a feeling that she knew that scent. it was strangely familiar, yet fleeting.

it wasn't the caramel candies that her mother would give to her when she was 5 as a reward for good achievements or the candle burning quietly in her room, giving off a faint smell. before she could place the scent, she fell into a deep slumber. tonight, too, was a dreamless night.