3

bakugou

as he left y/n's room, he felt like a villain. after all, he was always the villain in everyone's story. he didn't tell her anything about him or where she was, and instead left her in a room with just deku to take care of her.

regardless of his attitude, he actually felt guilty that he insulted her and hurt her with his harsh words and regretted it. hell, he only found out her name from deku as he was too busy acting like an asshole to bother remembering to ask for her name. this is stupid ... why am i even taking her in ? i could've just sent her home.

however, he had that nagging feeling that something was special about that girl. that feeling wouldn't go away, as if its sole purpose was to gently coax him towards the rude and carefree girl. he soon realised that he was slowly getting drawn in by the girl's charisma. not like he wanted to though. he was busy enough ...

y/n

she woke up with a jolt, small beads of perspiration dotting her neck and sliding down her spine. its this place ... she thought, this place is making me go crazy. she wasn't wrong though.

the mansion she was residing in resembled a haunted house - yellow flickering lights (bakugou was too lazy to ask midoriya to go out and buy more) and wooden planks nailed to walls that could be taken out when anyone wished (bakugou didn't want to buy locks. "waste of money", he said).

nightmares were keeping her up all night, chilling her to the bone with different scary scenarios. probably karma from being drunk from exhaustion around bakugou yesterday. she left the room to go for a walk around the mansion, hoping that it would clear her mind and also to check out the escape routes in case she ever needed it.

everywhere she went, she felt something lurking behind her. but every time she turned back, the hallways were empty. and that scared the ever loving shit out of her. again, she felt the same evil presence behind her. her sixth sense already sounding the alarm, she grabbed the safety knife in her pocket and pinned her stalker to the stone wall, knife against it's throat.

"well, that's kinky." a deep and harsh voice sounded. y/n looked up in shock to see none other than bakugou. she felt herself starting to get pissed off and pressed the knife harder into his delicate throat.

"the fuck are you doing here ?" her gaze bore deep into his.

"this is my goddamn house."

"yeah but why are you following me."

"i'm not following you for shit ! i'm going to the kitchen."

"sure thing~" she said in a sing-song voice.

"ok what the- YOU'RE SO GODDAMN ANNOYING !"

y/n was trying so hard to hold in a laugh. when bakugou's nerves near his forehead started to bunch up, she was going to burst into tears. she needed to go. now.

she hastily waved an arm across his face, happy to see that he was getting pissed off too, and said, "i'll leave you. i'm going to bed." the last thing she saw was bakugou, turning beet red from anger. she suspected that he wasn't really angry though. just putting on a show.

"YOU GET BACK HERE !"

she started running.

by the time she reached the ... now her room, as mentioned by midoriya, she collapsed into laughter, the joyous sound ringing through the room. she was laughing so hard, it was difficult to stop as tears streamed down her face.

when y/n finally stopped laughing, she groaned from the pain in her abdomen. dang it ... i may have laughed too hard. but it was funny though. she tried to stand up, but fell right back down to her bed. standing in the hallway in front of her door was a slightly annoyed bakugou.

"oi idiot. you didn't close the damn door properly."

she blushed, although she thought she saw a slight smile ghosting his lips. she couldn't help but smile cheekily at him, trying to convey that she didn't mean to leave the door ajar, if he was smart enough to get the hint. that bastard just rolled his eyes and walked off, leaving y/n looking at a starry-eyed midoriya.

"what ?" she snapped, somewhat unintentionally. miraculously, he wasn't fazed by her harsh tone and gasped, "that was so beautiful."

she cocked her head. "what was ?"

"your laugh ! sorry that's the first time you laughed since you came here about 2 weeks ago so that's the first time i heard it."

2 weeks. that's a long ass time. y/n shrugged. "nothing new. i used to hate my laugh. i stopped laughing after my family died anyway."

he nodded, understanding that she didn't want to talk about it. all midoriya said before he left the room was, "i'm just saying you should laugh more. there are many people in this house who would love to hear it." she genuinely smiled for the first time in a long while. "thanks midoriya. i appreciate you being there for me. no one really has."

he winked playfully, "kacchan has !" y/n scowled at the mention of his name and midoriya laughed. "really though. you'll see. hopefully sooner." at that, the closed the door gently and left.

she snuggled deep into the pillows, inhaling its deep caramel scent and fell asleep, her dreams rid of nightmares for the first time in 3 years.

a/n:

hi ! so basically all the povs will be y/n's unless stated :)