8

she felt comfortable. safe. wrapped in those caramel scented arms. but there was something wrong about it. they didn't have the same warmth, the same tenderness, the same love.

y/n woke up, panting as cold sweat dripped down her brow and down her spine. it was just a dream. heaving a sigh of relief, she pressed a hand to her heart, feeling it palpitate quickly. it was just a dream, but she couldn't forget about the coldness of his arms.

she tried to resist the urge, yet only 2 minutes later, she found herself standing in front of his room. she needed to feel his warmth, to make sure it was still there. her hand was already raised to knock but she hesitated at the last minute. what am i doing ? why did i need to look for him ? just go back. she turned to leave, pausing when she heard a drowsy voice sound from behind the other side of the door, "what the hell are you doing outside ? if you want to come in, just come in."

damn you and your good hearing bakugou. she clenched her teeth and sucked in a breath, opening the door. from the looks of it, he'd just woken up, duvet tossed to one side of the bed and red eyes half open. he reached out to her, and she fell into his touch.

he stroked her head, "what's wrong again ?"

she shot up, shaking her head and blinking in disbelief. "again ? do i annoy you that much ?" he hit her head with a closed fist, so the pain was just a little more intense than when he usually flicked her.

"what's wrong ?"

y/n's tough exterior crumbled then. she sank into his embrace. "nightmares." he paused to let her elaborate.

she glared at him, then her expression softened. "your arms were cold. they were wrapped around me but there was no feeling at all."

"i never had any feeling towards you anyways."

"oh shut up. you know you love me."

"i think you said hate wrong," he chuckled slightly, sensing her rising anger.

"do you want me to continue ? or not ?"

"fine. continue."

"it was like you were there. yet your real self wasn't. it was a completely different bakugou from the one i know. and i got scared. so i'm here."

he reached over and pushed her into his bed, lying down beside her and wrapping his muscular arms around her tightly. "i'm here now."

"thank you." y/n suddenly sat up.

"what's your first name ?"

"katsuki. why ?"

"that's so pretty."

"you're disgusting. i was trying to be nice for once and you had to do this."

"i'm sorry. can you just hug me ?"

bakugou said nothing, but she knew he heard her as he removed one arm from her body and rested it on her head, pulling her closer to him.

yes. this is the warmth. the one that i'm getting used to.

-

"um ... am i interrupting something ...?" y/n's eyes snapped open to see midoriya staring at her. at them. at his hands around her waist. wide eyed and speechless.

"no no ! um ... we're only-"

"-friends," bakugou said sleepily from behind her.

"yeah. nothing more." her heart dropped slightly.

midoriya pursed his lips, "alright then. just here to tell you that lunch is ready."

"thanks midoriya. i appreciate it."

his eyes widened. it was kind of obvious that he was rarely thanked in this household. he didn't say anything more and just left the room, clearly still in shock.

y/n grinned and turned to the half-awake man beside her. "so, we're friends now ?"

"no. i just said that to make him shut up."

"you shut up."

he flipped over in an instant, smirking as he pressed his hand to her mouth. ahh this feeling of déjà vu. WAIT. NO. WHAT IS HE DOING ? he was still smirking as he knelt in between her legs, his other hand beside her head. she felt her heart racing, her face heating up uncontrollably. he leaned down, whispering, "we're just friends remember ?"

the weight pressing on her mouth disappeared. she sat up immediately. unable to help herself, she inhaled and exhaled heavily, resting her head on the headboard behind her.

her hands were trembling badly. so is this what being attracted to a guy feels like ? she felt him wrap his large hands around hers. he didn't say anything - they just sat on the bed, bakugo holding her shaking hands, slowly easing the seizures with each passing second.

when her stupid hands finally stopped shaking, y/n wrenched out of his grip and smacked him on the head with her palm. "what was that for ?" uh oh. he was holding his head in one hand, the other hand clearly ready to hit her back. he grabbed her head and hit it once. she flinched and smiled sheepishly at him.

"i just wanted to check something out."

"like what ?"

"how ugly you are." he turned away, heading to the washroom.

she shrieked and grabbed a pillow, throwing it at him with all her might. without even a glance back, his outstretched hand blasted the pillow to bits, leaving nothing behind. she covered her mouth, peals of laughter threatening to spill. then he turned around and snapped, "what ?"

"you ... you just ... blasted ... your pillow." y/n was laughing to hard too speak properly.

"oh. so that's funny. you wait." he slammed the door to the toilet which made her laugh even louder.

a/n: im sorry this was a crappy chapter even though there were some cute shit but still. as usual, imma try to make the next ones better :) thanks for staying until here