-Three- Unexpected

Wilbur was just a bit excited, honestly. It had been a while since the last time he had gotten into a fight.

He'd be lying if he said he didn't at least mildly enjoy fights. They were quick and exhilarating. Also, if everything went well, he wouldn't get hurt. Another bonus was that he could use his powers. He loved his powers and they seemed perfect for him. They were the reason he got into music.

He activated his powers and silenced the sound of his team's footfalls. He closed his eyes and listened. 

He heard a voice, just a street or two away. "Get away from me, you...!" The sentence was cut off by a choking noise Wilbur's eyes shot open again and he took the lead of the group. He made some signals to Phil and Techno. Phil nodded and launched into the air to get an aerial view of the streets. Wilbur focused and silenced the general area.

Wilbur led Techno through a couple of alleyways and soon enough, they could see a hooded figure holding a dark-haired man up against the wall by his throat. The man was gasping for air and was trying to access his power.

//tw- needles

Phil started the attack with a shot from the sky. The hooded figure took the arrow in their shoulder and flinched but didn't say anything. They took out a needle. Wilbur couldn't tell if it was empty or full.

Either way, not good for the victim. Wilbur dropped the silence. He heard a loud cuss come from the victim as the needle was inserted into their vein. He could see the needle fill up with red blood. As soon as it was full, he pulled it out and dropped it into a bag. 

//tw over

The figure pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim in the leg. Techno rushed forward at this and the figure dropped the victim.

 The figure laughed. Wilbur hated the noise- it was raspy and dry.

Wilbur spent his efforts on making a small barrier of sound around the victim, who was panting but attempting to use his power. It was kind of pitiful, honestly. The tips of his fingers turned into a blue crystal before it crumbled away and he crumpled over, passed out. His wound was bleeding badly. Damn, they needed a healer on their team.

The victim must have been putting up one hell of a fight before they got there. Blood dripped from the attacker's hands and arms. Wilbur felt bad for the guy. He looked like he would be fine though. Overuse of power was a horrible feeling but was easy to recover from with some rest. The knife wasn't near anything vital, as far as Will could tell. Blood loss was his word threat right now, and Wilbur could bandage his wound as soon as the fighting was done. He should live. Wilbur sure hoped he lived.

Techno was slashing towards the figure, but his blows kept missing by centimeters. Phil's arrows were the same. That knocked out a few powers- he probably had something related to movement.

Will tried his attack. He increased the frequency of the sound around the figure's head. The figure froze, allowing Techno to get a hit in. The figure glitched away from Techno's blade and appeared next to Wilbur.

Ah, teleportation then, Wilbur thought. Ah, so we're gonna end up losing him. Then he was hit by the teleporter's knife. Wilbur cussed and backed up. A bloody gash opened up on his arm and a part of his chest.

The sound of footfalls and a call of "Skeppy?" came from the other side of the alleyway. Wilbur looked up and saw a man in a black and red hoodie looking around. He watched the man with caution but kept most of his focus on the hooded figure.

He wished he hadn't, because now he will forever wonder what happened then. He will wonder about that man's face as he saw his friend, crumpled on the ground, blood pooling around him.